BariatricTV ForumReleased EpisodesFast Food?In Episode 2, Fast Food...what is your favorite WLS Fast food?
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: In Episode 2, Fast Food...what is your favorite WLS Fast food?  (Read 17291 times)
SarahWillBeSkinny
Fresh Freak
Surgery Date: March 12, 2009
Surgery Type: Gastric Bypass (RNY)

2008 & 2012

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2009, 11:15:10 PM »

That's awesome that you guys posted this question.  I rarely go out to eat.  But when I do, I'm always confused as to what to get.  I usually stick with the chicken or steak soft tacos from Taco Bell or Dell Taco (just the guts, not the tortilla).  But that gets boring after a while.  So thank you guys very much for the ideas!!   Cheesy  Gonna make this pouch very happy!  LOL

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
rainrain
Jr. Freak
Surgery Date: 12-27-2004
Surgery Type: rny

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2009, 06:53:27 AM »

Pollo Loco is a good option for fast food.  On their value menu, they have a chicken leg, a small flavorful salad and small grilled tacos for a dollar.  Mix it up any way you want, but it tastes pretty good and not too processed or greasy!!  The also have a handy calculator on line where you can see the nutritional facts as well as ingredients.

I usually go for the leg with the salad and for 2 bucks have a tasty on the go meal.  It calculates to 253 calories and is perfect filling meal for me.

check out this link

http://www.elpolloloco.com/nutritional/category.asp?c=47

CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE!!
WWW.afterthefat.com

Facebook Me!!
https://www.facebook.com/#

Love yourself enough, to chose HEALTHY!!!

Certified Bariatric Support Leader
Certified Health and Wellness Life Coach
ttowe
BTV Hostess and Future star of Chihuahua Hoarders / Licked to Death by cuteness
Administrator
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: July 4, 2004
Surgery Type: RNY

BTV Bling

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2009, 10:53:35 AM »

Hola Rain.....

I was just sending you an email. It was AWESOME to meet with you last night!!  I can't wait to hear what other sights you have. 

Thank you again and really looking forward. :-)

t

Hello..  My name is Toni.. And I am a chihuahua addict.
shepkatt
Honey Badger don't give a sh*t
Administrator
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 11/17/2003

WLS ain't for wussies

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2009, 12:43:17 PM »

Yeah .. ditto what Toni said..  It was funny watching the waitress as the three of us shared one meal AND had leftovers.. LOL..

I love El Pollo Loco.. Yummy!

I enjoy fine chocolate.. cheese and being on time.  I am Switzerland!
TheDivineMissT
Royal Freakness
Surgery Date: November 11, 2009

"Life is too short to wear matching socks."

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2009, 07:48:11 PM »

Just found this thread.  Thanks to everyone who posted...I'm only 5 days out and a looong way from any kind of fast food (actually the thought scares me!) but I know eventually I'm going to need to have some of these ideas in the back of my mind.  Especially as a busy working mom of two!

Therese
My blog: http://thedivinemisst.blogspot.com/

"Praise the bridge that carried you over."  ~George Colman
baka
Mr. Wizard of Protein
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 07-27-09

Tuo Ku Zi, Fang Pi

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2009, 08:28:38 PM »

lunchables have saved me a few times while on the road - I eat the cheese and ham/turkey and toss the crackers.

Ian

ATTN Freshly Pouched Freaks: Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!

Fear Can Hold You Prisoner - Hope Can Set You Free!
kristopia
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: July 21, 2009, Dr. Armando Joya
Surgery Type: VSG

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2009, 01:22:24 PM »

Ian - that's a good idea - or crumble the crackers and throw them to the birds Smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway."  John Wayne
kelibr
Fresh Freak
Surgery Date: June 30, 2009

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2009, 10:54:53 AM »

Wendy's chili,
McDonalds grilled chicken wrap
Taco Bell chicken soft taco3
Qudoba or Moe's naked chicken or steak burito with rice on the side (to take home to the kidos)

Kelly
SkinnyPanda
Super Freak
Surgery Date: 11/16/2009
Surgery Type: RNY - Laproscopic

Aug 13th: Power of the Purse Luncheon (95lbs gone)

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2009, 09:16:28 AM »

Taco Bell and well pretty much any mexican place is a fave of mine - the pintos and cheese or the insides of a burrito minus the rice, etc.  Fajita insides are pretty darn tasty and I LOVE me some of that mexican pork carnitas or whatever they call them.. yum. 

Krystal's or Hardees or wherever else you can find it have low-carb scramblers... basically eggs, cheese and meat in a bowl.  Fatning yes, but low-carb.

Also, seems like I eat breakfast on the road a lot since I live an hour from work.  The inside of most breakfast burritos works fine - just not arby's or anywhere that puts fried potatoes in theirs.

I was cravin' beef the other day (which is odd since I'm not usually a big beef eater) so I went to arby's and got a beef and chedder and ate 1/2 the guts - pretty good.  I think next time I'll try a french dip though - yup au jus sounds yummy

Boston market's turkey was toooo dry for me. 

I haven't allowed myself to even think about McD's... the temptation to get even just a small order of fries would be too much and I KNOW that those are a HUGE trigger food for me. 

Oh and not exactly fast food (although you can always order take-out) - cracker barrel's grilled roast beef was one of my faves pre-op.  I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure if you can tolerate most food then it would be fine.

And don't forget about take-out!  Sure you might have to get out of the car to get it....but if it means that you can get a healthier meal, dontcha think its work the time?  I keep a lot of our favorite places numbers stored in my celly.  Or just look up the number using Google411SMS (text any question to Goggle and they text you back the answer - for free). 

I have especially done this a LOT with sushi since I know I can call and order some sashimi to go and it will be ready in under 5 minutes usually Smiley 

One of my other faves is a cheese omelete from waffle house - just 2 eggs... yes they use a very generous portion of butter but its so light and fluffy and my pouch seems to enjoy it Smiley

Happy eating everyone Smiley

Crystal is on her way to becoming 1SkinnyPanda - http://1skinnypanda.wordpress.com
Heaviest Weight: 380 (2006)
Starting Weight: 316 (2009)
Day of Surgery: 290

baka
Mr. Wizard of Protein
Grand Poohbah of Freaks

Tuo Ku Zi, Fang Pi

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2009, 05:53:52 PM »

Word of caution......... The fat content of a lot of fast food breakfast meals are off the charts!

IMHO FF options should only be used as a last resort.

Failing to plan your meals and nutrition properly will lead to failure. I've seen it a few times with members of my support group who couldn't resist going to the drive-thru every day.

Ian

SkinnyPanda
Super Freak
Surgery Date: 11/16/2009
Surgery Type: RNY - Laproscopic

Aug 13th: Power of the Purse Luncheon (95lbs gone)

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2009, 06:08:07 PM »

Thanks for the advice Ian.  I actually only grab breakfast when I go into the office, which is just once a week... so I don't feel that bad about it. 

But now that I think about it...my once a week morning commute used to consist of a venti iced carmel mocha, about 4 cigarettes and something horribly fattening like a bacon egg and cheese biscuit (or 2) with hashbrowns. 

Now that I can have caffeine again... maybe I should start planning better and make myself a nice coffee drink and pack something I can eat on the road. 

Crystal is on her way to becoming 1SkinnyPanda - http://1skinnypanda.wordpress.com
Heaviest Weight: 380 (2006)
Starting Weight: 316 (2009)
Day of Surgery: 290

kiersti
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 6/11/2009
From:: Originally, San Diego. Currently, San Leandro, CA

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2010, 02:34:43 PM »

On a Road trip this holiday we stopped at Jack in the Box and I had the grilled chicken strips.

Great option.  40+ grams of protein....0 carbs.

Four chicken strips was even too much food.  Man, I am cheap date.

Lifted from gastricbypassbarbie.com:
Before surgery, my mantra was “Why bother trying?” Since surgery, it’s “Whatever it takes."
shepkatt
Honey Badger don't give a sh*t
Administrator
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 11/17/2003

WLS ain't for wussies

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2010, 02:52:29 PM »

Not everone is as lucky as we are to have Jack.. :-)  They need to move to where the Jack is.

I actually like a few things at Jack.. Grilled Chicken Club salad.. Chicken Pita.. mmmm.

I enjoy fine chocolate.. cheese and being on time.  I am Switzerland!
sfmini
Super Freak
Surgery Date: 03/10/2010
Surgery Type: Sleeve

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2010, 08:15:00 AM »

I am so glad I found this thread!
When we are on the road going to horse shows, fast food is what we get while traveling, then eat out all meals at different places. Really unhealthy stuff.
Good idea on the lunchables, the dogs will be thanking you for the crackers. We always have 1 or two dogs with us at the shows.
I think I am going to buy the eat this not that books too.

scrappylove
Fresh Freak
Surgery Date: May 5, 2009

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2010, 07:51:36 PM »

Wendys Chili!  YUM and full of protein!

I agree!

lilydud
Fresh Freak
Surgery Date: FEB 18, 2010
Surgery Type: LAPBAND

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2010, 06:51:48 AM »

Last week we were at Chic Filet and I made the statement "I wish I could get a kids meal with grilled strips instead of fried" and the guy taking my order told me "oh we do that"!!!!  So I had a kids meal with 2 grilled chicken strips and fruit instead of the waffle fries.  I was really suprised they would grill them.  Ok, they were a little dry....but that was ok, i put a small amount of hot sauce on them. 

I love subway, usually get the kids meal, but I have not tried the wrap...that will be good!!! 

On a side note, I am enough of a freak that i wrote mcd's an email telling them they need to have a grilled chicken salad on the kids menu...a side salad with a small container of chicken.  Don't ya'lll think that is a wonderful idea.  I like to get happy meal toys!!!! 

Maddie
Grand Poohbah of Freaks

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2010, 05:25:32 AM »

A friend of mine found these and they are really quite handy, if you are stuck on the go and need a quick meal.

Starbucks Protein Artisian Snack Plate

See full nutritional info here:
http://www.starbucks.com/menu/food/fruit-and-snack-plates/protein-plate

Chicken on Flatbread with Hummus Artisan Snack Plate

See full nutritional info here:
http://www.starbucks.com/menu/food/fruit-and-snack-plates/chicken-and-hummus-snack-plate

baka
Mr. Wizard of Protein
Grand Poohbah of Freaks

Tuo Ku Zi, Fang Pi

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2010, 09:16:02 AM »

I'd be very careful with those as a baby-freak

The skins on the apple and grapes can be a major no-no for pouched baby-freaks

I'd be more inclined to grab some string cheese or a lunchable and dumping the crackers as a baby-freak

Ian

Maddie
Grand Poohbah of Freaks

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2010, 09:50:57 AM »

Thanks very much Ian.  This is why it's great to be around more experienced freaks. I appreciate the advice.
mewithin
Royal Freakness
Surgery Date: July 27 2010

~Jennifer~

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2010, 02:34:55 AM »

Sonic....you can order their chili and cheese in a bowl, if you consider a square paper dish a bowl lol. you can also have them send out the weenie ( yes I said weenie, thats what we call em around here). They also have grilled chicken and salads.

tink_lose
Super Freak
Surgery Date: July 12, 2010

« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2010, 06:49:58 AM »

Not sure where Jimmy Johns originated from as far as which states they are located in, but they have whats called a "JJ Unwich", which is basically a lettuce wrap with the same ingredients as one of there sandwiches. I loved their sandwiches before becoming a freak, and can't wait to try an Unwich when I am able!

Shelly

HW/BW/SW/CW
340/337/315.9/179
ShrinkyMom
Super Freak
Surgery Date: August 16, 2010
Surgery Type: Lap RNY

Incredible Shrinking Mommy

« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2010, 03:50:39 PM »

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2010/01/strategies-for-eating-out.html

Also, we used to order a meatball Subway sub for our boys to split and ask for extra meatballs on the side (a cup). They always accomodated us. I don't know the nutrition on them, but I know there are lots of meatball fans here Smiley

Jenna
Building my family through foster care, one blessing at a time!

Starting: 325lbs Current: 200lbs
beach bum7
Jr. Freak
Surgery Date: 9-13-10
Surgery Type: vsg

my milk shake brings all the boys to the yard!!;)

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2010, 04:38:39 AM »

tropial smoothie! not only for the smothies but they have salads and great wraps! only eat half or less!

always,
jamie

highest weight~current~goal
245~197~140
SHEMAEBE
Fresh Freak
Surgery Date: September 21, 2010
Surgery Type: GASTRIC BYPASS

« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2010, 09:37:31 AM »

We have an Abners here in Mississippi. It is kind of a sports dive. Have the most awesome grilled chicken strips. Very juicy, and delicious.

Sheila

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: