BariatricTV ForumFor Upcoming EpisodesI FREAKIN' DID IT - from Episode 60POST YOUR "I FREAKIN DID IT"s here!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Author Topic: POST YOUR "I FREAKIN DID IT"s here!  (Read 9451 times)
shepkatt
Honey Badger don't give a sh*t
Administrator
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 11/17/2003
Surgery Type: RNY

WLS ain't for wussies

« on: January 05, 2010, 07:03:27 PM »

Post Away....

I enjoy fine chocolate.. cheese and being on time.  I am Switzerland!
T2Nashville
Queen of the Kitchen Freak
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: October 13, 2008
Surgery Type: VSG

Photo by Candy

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 08:10:53 AM »

I haven't completed anything yet, but I'm in the process. I'm on Day 2 of my training to walk the 1/2 marathon here in Nashville in April. It's freakin' cold here - 13 degrees yesterday and today - but some local runners have given me some good tips on how to layer to protect myself. (I hate treadmills!) We're expecting snow tomorrow, though, so I may have to break down and do the treadmill for a few days.

I'm also planning to zip line when it gets a bit warmer. I found a place here in Nashville that does it! Also found a hot air balloon place, too! YAY! Saving my money!

"The body vs. the mind - now THAT'S a fight!" Hetty from NCIS: Los Angeles

ttowe
BTV Hostess and Future star of Chihuahua Hoarders / Licked to Death by cuteness
Administrator
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: July 4, 2004

BTV Bling

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 08:16:12 AM »

Okay folks..It doesn't have to be some as huge as T2's bungee jumping....

It really can be something as simple as....reaching your first goal of 25lbs or even getting back to the gym after surgery, or going down a size, or hiring a personal trainer or even finally finding a protien drink you like.  How about being brave enough to go into Victoria Secrets, or even buying something off the rack from a regular store.  Or how about fitting into a old pair of pants you had hidden in your closet?

No goal or task or milestone is too small.

Basically just we want you so share these victories to help encourage others on their journey.

Be inventive.  Be funny...Show us what you got!!

Hello..  My name is Toni.. And I am a chihuahua addict.
auntb
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 8-25-09
Surgery Type: rny

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 08:31:56 AM »

Well now that you motioned it............ I went into Old Navy for the boy and looked at the clearance rack for women guess what stuff that fit me and even better size large fit. One more thing the skinnys have been holding out on us. I got 10 tops for ...... wait for it .........just under 40 dollars ....yes US money. Whew had to sit down.

If of the many truths you choose but one and follow it blindly it will become a falsehood and you a fanatic.
ttowe
Administrator
Grand Poohbah of Freaks

BTV Bling

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 09:26:48 AM »

Well then...take a picture of your buys!! That's an awesome "I Fricken did it!!"

I know we have some great creative minds out there.

Toni

greebo115
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 08/08/08
Surgery Type: RNY Gastric Bypass

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 04:19:42 PM »

Lol, I've done most of my goals, and whilst I'm still thrilled, they seem like old news now.... that might be why a lot of us are slow to post on this.

However, a recent one.......

I STOLE MY SON'S CLOTHES BECAUSE THEY FIT BETTER THAN HIM!  Tongue

I was always the fat mommy between my "super-skinny bean pole" son and his father who was similarly built. Now I'm slimmer than them both!

kiersti
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 6/11/2009
From:: Originally, San Diego. Currently, San Leandro, CA

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 04:51:07 PM »

OK, I have something along the lines of Greebo...she finally got my brain juices rolling....

My cousin is living and working in Korea, she brought home these gorgeous traditional Korean costumes for Christmas presents for m kids.  She explained they were worn on the Korean equivalent of Thanksgiving.  I opened the one for my daughter and thought it was incredibly beautiful...looked at it...looked at my family...and proceeded to PUT ON the dress and coat purchased for my 5 year old!  Admittedly it was big for her...but it was an HYSTERICAL family moment.  I had always been the heaviest cousin...and now I was putting on my 5 year old's dress...

My I FREAKIN DID IT moment most recently... I am wearing a size 8....a FREAKIN size 8.  That's a SINGLE DIGIT.  I don't EVER remember wearing this size...ever.  I was a 12/13 in 7th grade. 

I know you want some pictures... hopefully since greebo broke my writers block my creativity will start flowing and I'll come up with some fun picutes...of some I FREAKIN DID IT moments... I have been having so many lately...

Lifted from gastricbypassbarbie.com:
Before surgery, my mantra was “Why bother trying?” Since surgery, it’s “Whatever it takes."
shepkatt
Administrator
Grand Poohbah of Freaks

WLS ain't for wussies

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 05:26:21 PM »

Okay youse guys.. we need pictures!  Post pictures!  Along with the story.. Pictures of video.. Pretty please with sugar on top?  :-)

Edited to add:  YEAH on all of the NSVs!  You FREAKS are fabulous!

ttowe
Administrator
Grand Poohbah of Freaks

BTV Bling

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 05:47:49 PM »

I got one today....I'm gonna post pictures soon.

I actually used my gym bag today. Damn things been sitting in my office for two months. I got off my butt and started the c25k program again. This time...I'm gonna make it.

Toni

shepkatt
Administrator
Grand Poohbah of Freaks

WLS ain't for wussies

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 06:54:06 PM »

I have been thinking of starting it up again too.. Tomorrow night at dinner - motivate me to MovMiAss, Toni!  :-)

nature girl
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: April 20, 2009
Surgery Type: RNY - Roux en Y

Keep on freakin' on!

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 11:32:19 AM »

Well, I don't have a pic yet but this year I FREAKIN' learned how to snowboard.  I bought a hot little snowboarding outfit (snow pants and matching jacket) online and IT FIT!!! So now I'm a hot 40 yr old mom sliding down the hill on my VERY sore butt.

Also, I made my reservations to attend the outing in Vegas!  Last year pre-op I never would have done this. I would have been very upset at myself for not doing it though.  But that was last year!!

Amy

(snowboarding pics coming soon - my husband is a little wary of being at the bottom of any hill while I'm coming down it on my snowboard)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 07:53:57 AM by nature girl » Logged

Amy
nature girl

TheDivineMissT
Royal Freakness
Surgery Date: November 11, 2009

"Life is too short to wear matching socks."

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 02:48:22 PM »

I have something to post but I haven't had a chance yet!  I've been excited about this new feature of the show since you mentioned it!  I can't wait for it! Smiley

Therese
My blog: http://thedivinemisst.blogspot.com/

"Praise the bridge that carried you over."  ~George Colman
TheDivineMissT
Royal Freakness

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 02:50:59 PM »

I am out the door heading to the gym....but my "I Freakin Did It" is here, in my blog.  If you need me to resubmit in another format just let me know...but maybe you can pull it from here.  A pic is included!

http://thedivinemisst.blogspot.com/2009/12/bullseye-as-in-that-famous-red-one.html#comments

Therese

ttowe
Administrator
Grand Poohbah of Freaks

BTV Bling

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 09:44:34 PM »

Miss T.

Can I just say how divine your new picture is?  Really. It's awesome.

Toni

TheDivineMissT
Royal Freakness

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2010, 10:14:31 AM »

Thanks so much Toni.  Cheesy

Therese

kristopia
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: July 21, 2009, Dr. Armando Joya

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2010, 12:06:55 AM »

I sat today with crossed legs (as in, "indian style" crossed legs) in my tightest jeans (which admittedly are not too tight anymore), for about 1/2 hour and could still breathe, my legs didn't fall asleep, and I was comfortable.  For someone that had to shift positions a LOT due to my weight (especially when sitting on the floor), that is definitely an "I freakin did it!" moment Smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway."  John Wayne
Bariatric After Life by Cari
Super Freak
Surgery Date: 12/10/07
Surgery Type: LAP RNY (Gastric Bypass)

Saving the World, One Pound at a Time

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2010, 05:17:07 PM »

I FREAKIN' DID IT! I drove a kart racer at 45 miles per hour in a teeny little indoor track -- and beat the boys for the qualifier! I had certainly never done anything like this before, partly because I was too fat to fit into the little car, and partly because I'd have been too embarrassed to try.

Anyway, never having done this before, I was a little nervous -- and I had no clue of the rules or anything else. I just went for it. Turns out, I'm quite aggressive on the hairpins and not afraid to "nudge"...Which I did with relish to my boss (take that, Peter!) Anyway, I won the qualifier with the fastest lap time (again, I had no idea what I was even doing), and that put me in POLE POSITION. Talk about stress! I was getting banged and nudged and spun -- whew! I managed to hold onto first place...until the last 10 seconds. :-( That's when my boss "nudged" me back and his son flew by me to take the checkered flag.

They say you don't win second place; you lose first. Well, I'm here to say, I WON 2ND PLACE!

I still have the medal hanging in my office -- just in case anyone doubts my prowess on the racetrack. They were totally surprised by my skill and commitment, and one of the guys told me afterward that he couldn't figure out who the "little boy" was that kept lapping him! He thought I was a little BOY with my teeny self ;-) I guess you can't see hair under the helmets, so why not!?

Anyway, it was an AWESOME experience -- even though I was bumped and bruised so much it took a full week before my vertebrae stopped smarting!

That's my story.

I beat the boys at the indoor speedway! Whoot-whoot!

« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 05:18:56 PM by GastricBypassBarbie » Logged

Cari (aka BARIATRIC AFTER LIFE™)

LAP RNY 12/10/07 • Dr. Mir Ali • Orange Coast Memorial Hospital (SmartDimensions.com)
Brachioplasty | Breast Lift with Augmentation • Dr. J. Timothy Katzen (BodyByKatzen.com), Beverly Hills

316 | 267 |160
ttowe
Administrator
Grand Poohbah of Freaks

BTV Bling

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2010, 05:55:43 PM »

That's awesome. I love K1 Speed. I haven't been since I had surgery so I'll have to give it a try. Love the look on your face in the first photo.

Cute Cute Cute!!

kristopia
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: July 21, 2009, Dr. Armando Joya

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2010, 06:06:33 PM »

Niiiice LOL - I love go-carts, and I can't wait to get in one as a skinny girl.  Smiley  On my birthday back in May, before my surgery, I went with a large group of friends to a nearby "fun park" - I avoided the carts, because I was afraid I wouldn't fit in the seat, but it was very upsetting.  Finally, some friends convinced me to just go over and watch a few minutes.  I quietly asked the guy running the faster track for adults if I would fit.  He said yes, so I took the chance - and I also won Smiley  It was exhilirating - however, it was also quite embarassing at the end, because I had to have help getting up and out of the cart.  I'll be so glad to go back and whip people, AND be able to get out.

You GO GIRL!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway."  John Wayne
Lady K.
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 4/7/2009

The second greatest power ~ the power to choose!

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2010, 07:45:17 PM »

This is a joint effort  Grin

Both my husband and I have had the RNY in April of 2009.  While reading another forum (yes I do read a few of them - support and info you know) I came across someone doing this same thing.  Fitting 2 people into their old pants.  So I wondered if we could do that - and we tried it - LOL!  We had a blast and a good laugh.  Its not easy balancing, I could have sworn I was going to fall over backwards (See the look of object terror in my eyes Shocked).  So yeah - WE freaking did it!!  We both fit into an old pair of my husbands pants!  The next attempt will be both of us fitting into a pair of MY old pants!

Lady K. ~ aka: Paula
Highest - 320/Surgery - 270 (4/7/09)/Doctor's Goal - 180 (12/13/09) - My goal - HEALTHY!! Last wt 160ish April 2011MY BLOG
patti55444
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 12/09/08
Surgery Type: Lap RNY

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2010, 08:33:28 PM »

OMG that's so cool Paula! Can't wait to see the next picture!

Patti

Worry doesn't solve tomorrow's problems, but it does ruin today's happiness
HopenToBeThin
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: Pouch Date 6/15/09

We lost 246 in 9 mths - 3/13/10

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2010, 09:16:09 PM »

Paula, that is just too kool!

Paula
despohr
Super Freak
Surgery Date: June 3, 2009

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2010, 06:54:59 AM »

I CLIMB A LIGHTHOUSE!!!!!!
A year ago when my family would do things like that (climbing , hiking...) You get the pic?!? I would have to say no way. I'd stay behind bymyself and feel very lonely and sad. I climbed all the way to the top and got to share an awesome view and experience with my family. I was so cool. This was in Sept. and I still tell everyone. Even strangers. LOL

Devilwmn
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: January 15, 2009

Trying to be more comfortable in my own skin.

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2010, 07:22:30 AM »

I ran a 5K!

Before:

Waiting at the starting line:

During:

Finishing:

RNY 1/15/09!
Non-smoker since May 08!
T2Nashville
Queen of the Kitchen Freak
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: October 13, 2008

Photo by Candy

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2010, 08:27:57 AM »

These are all so fantastic! Can't wait to see them on the shows!

"The body vs. the mind - now THAT'S a fight!" Hetty from NCIS: Los Angeles

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Jump to: