BariatricTV ForumFor Upcoming EpisodesI FREAKIN' DID IT - from Episode 60POST YOUR "I FREAKIN DID IT"s here!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: POST YOUR "I FREAKIN DID IT"s here!  (Read 9268 times)
Bariatric After Life by Cari
Super Freak
Surgery Date: 12/10/07
Surgery Type: LAP RNY (Gastric Bypass)

Saving the World, One Pound at a Time

« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2010, 10:33:12 AM »

Mexi-Ken? LMAO!!! I love it!! No wonder you fit in so well here.

Ya gotta be able to laugh at yourself people, it's the only way to get out of this world intact!

Mike
My hubby loves his moniker so much, I'm flirting with the idea of making him a tee-shirt for Vegas:

Hi, My Name is Mexi-Ken. I'm With Barbie.

Grin

Cari (aka BARIATRIC AFTER LIFE™)

LAP RNY 12/10/07 • Dr. Mir Ali • Orange Coast Memorial Hospital (SmartDimensions.com)
Brachioplasty | Breast Lift with Augmentation • Dr. J. Timothy Katzen (BodyByKatzen.com), Beverly Hills

316 | 267 |160
Mo-Mik
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: July 27, 2009
Surgery Type: RNY

Life is Good!

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2010, 08:13:12 AM »

Good news/bad news NSV-We Freakin Did it!  Hubby and I got a call Saturday that the father of our closest friend had passed away.  I was asked to do the Eulogy and so we had to get ready and leave town within about two hours to go be with the family.  Both of us work in casual environments and keep the "funeral/wedding" clothes in a separate area.  We ran back to pack for the trip and BOTH OF US FOUND DRESS CLOTHES THAT FIT!!!  In fact, the first things we tried on were WAY too big and that has never ever happened before.  The last time we had an emergency like this we both had to go buy something because we had "outgrown" our good clothes.  My slip was kind of like Roadblock's Easter underwear Wink but I just pinned it.

I'll try to post a pic later, but believe me we looked good and were so happy that the "fat and ugly" feelings of old did not interfere with our trip.

Mikki
kristopia
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: July 21, 2009, Dr. Armando Joya
Surgery Type: VSG

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2010, 02:56:26 PM »

Sorry to hear about the funeral - but yay, Mik and hubby for finding clothing that fit and made you feel good!  That is a great "I freakin did it" Smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway."  John Wayne
Eartha
Fresh Freak
Surgery Date: March 5, 2009
Surgery Type: Realize Band

« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2010, 11:02:26 PM »

I don't have a picture yet, but I am down 100 lbs in less than one year.
today is Feb, 6. 2010. My lapband surgery was March 5, 209.
Down from size 22 to size 10. Waiting for the size 8 for my picture.
Melda

Eartha
kristopia
Grand Poohbah of Freaks

« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2010, 10:29:46 PM »

OKAY, I have an "I freakin did it"! Don't laugh - okay, you can laugh if you want, but this is AMAZING to me.  I was posting to another thread and realized, wow, this is totally an "I freakin did it":

I let SNACK FOOD get STALE!  

Yep - before surgery, if there was carby goodness in my house, like tortilla chips, or crackers, or whatever, the bag would be gone inside three or four days at MOST.  Now - I got a small bag (we're talking just a few ounces) of Edemame mini crackers at Trader Joe's a few weeks ago.  Yep, a FEW weeks ago.  I didn't open it for awhile.  I have now eaten about 1/4 of the bag and the rest is getting too stale to eat at all.  I'm going to have to ***gasp*** throw the rest out.

WTH?  Seriously?  What is this mad alternate universe where Kris can throw out SNACK FOOD because it has gotten too stale to eat?  What is this crazy world that Kris must freeze all sandwich thins except one or they will go stale and moldy before they can be eaten?  

Yes, I threw out the chips because they were stale, not because I was afraid to have them in the house.  I FREAKIN DID THAT!

P.S., my daughter left a 2 liter bottle of one of my favorite carbonated beverages in my refrigerator over a week ago.  I'm not even tempted to drink the carbonation, so there it is, waiting to go flat or for her next visit.  WHAT?  Who is this person I see in the mirror now?  Whoever it is, she's shrinking - and smiling!

Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 10:32:06 PM by kristopia » Logged

greebo115
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 08/08/08
Surgery Type: RNY Gastric Bypass

« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2010, 03:57:04 AM »

Way to go Kris!  Grin

That's sooooo freakin' awesome!  Cool

When I grow up I wanna be just like you, LOL 

Seriously, I wish I could do that  Smiley

shepkatt
Honey Badger don't give a sh*t
Administrator
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 11/17/2003

WLS ain't for wussies

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2010, 06:03:39 AM »

Melda - awesome!  Can't wait to see the picture!

Kris - Yeah for that victory!  Get this.. I buy little bits of chocolate now and then when I have a craving.. I have (more then once) bought it and then forgot I had it and ended up throwing it away..  WOW.. Never before would I have ever forgotten that I had chocolate.. I would have obsessed about it until it was all gone.  This surgery is so freeing.

I enjoy fine chocolate.. cheese and being on time.  I am Switzerland!
kristopia
Grand Poohbah of Freaks

« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2010, 12:49:35 PM »

Diane - I'm still in the honeymoon phase, sweetie - only 6 1/2 months out - you've held your ground way past the honeymoon phase.  I'm betting it's not as easy then for me as it is now - hang in there - you still look marvelous! (and by the way, red wine in the house - that does NOT go stale or get left untouched for weeks LOL)

Lynnda - I love chocolate - but yes - I do that, too.  I've taken to getting a bag of dark chocolate chips and putting it in my freezer door.  About once a week I'll put about 1 oz of them in a little plastic container.  I'll eat usually under 10 of them (under TEN chocolate chips?  Seriously?  Who the hell am I?) at a time, and that little ounce of them will just sit there - on the table next to my chair, where I'm sitting right now - for over a week.  If I buy my favorite (dark chocolate with chili spice and sea salt), it lasts.  It's weird.  Great, but weird.

auntb
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 8-25-09
Surgery Type: rny

« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2010, 08:38:49 AM »

Ok I didn't take a picture but. We had 10 inches of snow last night and I went out and snow blew  and shoveled the entire drive way and both walks. Last year I might have done one of the walks. Then did the neighbor ladies too. He He He

Oh and even better I wasn't even winded or tired. I don't ache or need a nap. I think after work I will even be taking the boy sledding.

I won't go as far as saying I love the snow but damn I had fun.

If of the many truths you choose but one and follow it blindly it will become a falsehood and you a fanatic.
Mo-Mik
Grand Poohbah of Freaks

Life is Good!

« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2010, 09:14:01 AM »

These are some great posts here.  Congrats to all of you FREAKS!  Kris-that is so cool!!!  Isn't it weird, though?  I have candy-a Heath Bar- in the house, I know exactly where it is, it is not hidden, I could eat it at any time but don't want to or need to and there is more than half the bar left after three weeks!?!  Auntb that is fantastic and so empowering for you and for all of us that are sharing it with you!  AND LAST but not least, MELDA that is fantastic news and I am jealous of you!  You have so much to be proud of!!!  We all ROCK!

Mikki
bigtoys27
Fresh Freak
Surgery Date: May 12, 2009
Surgery Type: Lap RNY

My short hair looks almost good for a change!!

« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2010, 09:41:02 PM »

I Bought this Dress on Feb. 13, 2010. I have NEVER purchased a dress before!

Shawna West

patti55444
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 12/09/08

« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2010, 09:44:27 PM »

What a great dress! It's very flattering on you  Grin

Patti

Worry doesn't solve tomorrow's problems, but it does ruin today's happiness
kristopia
Grand Poohbah of Freaks

« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2010, 11:51:02 PM »

Cute dress!  I'm looking to purchase my first dress since - well, since I was a teenager, I think!   I'm gonna look til I find the one that looks fabulous - and hopefully a "wraparound" dress, so it'll keep shrinking a bit with me.

You look great in yours!

shepkatt
Honey Badger don't give a sh*t
Administrator
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 11/17/2003

WLS ain't for wussies

« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2010, 09:33:05 AM »

Look at you!  You look fabulous Shawna!

I enjoy fine chocolate.. cheese and being on time.  I am Switzerland!
Mo-Mik
Grand Poohbah of Freaks

Life is Good!

« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2010, 12:14:17 PM »

Congrats Shawna!  You look fine!

Mikki
bigtoys27
Fresh Freak
Surgery Date: May 12, 2009

My short hair looks almost good for a change!!

« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2010, 04:17:10 PM »

Thanks guys I have NEVER bought a dress before. My mom purchased my last one when I was younger. I am still not quiet sure about so much color, so all the positive comments on color make me feel a little more at ease. It is a wrap around, now I need her to go back and help me find a shoe cause my tennis shoes aren't cutting it and I have lost 2 shoes sizes!!

Shawna West

auntb
Grand Poohbah of Freaks

« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2010, 05:49:09 AM »

Oh you look wonderful. Love the dress. I can't wait for nice weather so I can wear skirts and dresses. I'm making skirts right now. Most with drawstrings so the size can change with me. Your going to love how easy they are to just throw on. And take it from me dresses can hid a multitude of figure flaws.

If of the many truths you choose but one and follow it blindly it will become a falsehood and you a fanatic.
Lady K.
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 4/7/2009

The second greatest power ~ the power to choose!

« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2010, 09:52:34 PM »

I just squealed like a girl!! LOL - yeah I am a girl, but still -  Grin - Gary and I made Freak of the Week!!  AND I got him to watch it (that was the best part) now here is hoping he will watch more episodes - he really enjoyed this one Smiley Thanks guys!!  Not sure what to do now, but I'll figure it out  Wink

Lady K. ~ aka: Paula
Highest - 320/Surgery - 270 (4/7/09)/Doctor's Goal - 180 (12/13/09) - My goal - HEALTHY!! Last wt 160ish April 2011MY BLOG
Lady K.
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 4/7/2009

The second greatest power ~ the power to choose!

« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2010, 10:00:16 PM »

Cool - he just watched episode 1  Cheesy  I do believe he likes it!! 

Lady K. ~ aka: Paula
Highest - 320/Surgery - 270 (4/7/09)/Doctor's Goal - 180 (12/13/09) - My goal - HEALTHY!! Last wt 160ish April 2011MY BLOG
averagejane
Fresh Freak
Surgery Date: 10/26/2009
Surgery Type: Laproscopic RNY

« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2010, 07:20:25 AM »

As some of you know, last week (2/12), I was laid off from my job of 2+ years.  It's only been a little over 3 months since my surgery, and it was my first real, true test of being able to deal with something without food. Immediately upon walking out of my office, I wanted a huge cheeseburger and anything fried I could get my hands on.  I managed to fight it and walked a few extra blocks to the train.

While I wasn't a perfect angel (I think I may have overate a bit at meals and did a bit of snacking here with some string cheese between meals), here's where the I FREAKIN' DID IT comes in: I managed to still lose 4lbs this week.  AND, AND, I got a fantastic new job in just 4 days!  A raise, a "director" level title and all in just 4 days.  Another part of the I FREAKIN' DID IT, is it is a job that is much more client-facing than anything I've done. Thanks to my loss of 104lbs now, I'm not desiring to be behind the scenes.  I'm ready to to be the face and the brains, and for me that's a huge I FREAKIN' DID IT!

Internet Marketer, Stand-Up Comic and Former Fat Ass

Twitter: digitaldamsel]
Facebook: hahaamelia (comedy) or ameliakleymann (personal)

auntb
Grand Poohbah of Freaks

« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2010, 06:20:57 AM »

Tha t is fab and wonderful and grrrrrrrrreat and I'm so very happy for you. Grin

nature girl
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: April 20, 2009
Surgery Type: RNY - Roux en Y

Keep on freakin' on!

« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2010, 06:38:36 AM »

I was able to buckle the seat belt on the plane without having worrying about what I would do if it didn't fit.

Amy

Amy
nature girl

greebo115
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 08/08/08
Surgery Type: RNY Gastric Bypass

« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2010, 06:52:34 AM »

Amy that's GREAT!  Cool

I remeber when I did that - I glowed all over and wanted to jump up and tell everyone. Instead, I sat there with this huge silly grin on my face looking round to see if anyone noticed  Cheesy

Here's to more "I FREAKIN DID IT"s for you - keep 'em coming  Wink

kiersti
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 6/11/2009
From:: Originally, San Diego. Currently, San Leandro, CA

« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2010, 02:00:28 PM »

averagejane!  congratulations on FREAKIN DOIN IT! 

Looks like 4 is your magic number!

Lost 104 pounds! To build your confidence!
Lost 4 pounds during a SUPER STRESSFUL week!
And found a NEW JOB is 4 days....
And the fourth victory!?  That beautiful new dress!  Enjoy!

Where's the numerologist?

Lifted from gastricbypassbarbie.com:
Before surgery, my mantra was “Why bother trying?” Since surgery, it’s “Whatever it takes."
ttowe
BTV Hostess and Future star of Chihuahua Hoarders / Licked to Death by cuteness
Administrator
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: July 4, 2004

BTV Bling

« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2010, 04:07:15 PM »

Kiersti...

Great hair do. I'm digging it big time.

Cute new picture.

Hello..  My name is Toni.. And I am a chihuahua addict.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to: