BariatricTV ForumFor Upcoming EpisodesI FREAKIN' DID IT - from Episode 60I freakin did it again! Showed my miniature horse
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: I freakin did it again! Showed my miniature horse  (Read 625 times)
sfmini
Super Freak
Surgery Date: 03/10/2010
Surgery Type: Sleeve

« on: August 16, 2010, 05:00:04 AM »

This time at the Eastern Regional Championship show. Did ok, 8th out of 12. The good news is she is now qualified for three classes at the World Championship show in Forth Worth Texas at the end of September. Went ahead and told the trainer to keep her and we will pick her up on the way to TX.
I had sent her to a trainer for the past month since I have an open wound in my bellybutton (from gallbladder/umbilical hernia surgery), that I call my bellybutton hole and have avoided being around the barn. Guess that was a good thing since I developed an infection by the second day at the show. My friend who is a nurse wanted to see it, and I told her it had been hurting and burning. She took one look and had a fit. It was also a bit smelly. So, I emailed my surgeon, he replied back in 5 minutes that it was probably a bacterial and yeast infection and that he would call in a prescription the following day (this was all at 10pm). Turned out it was 3 scripts, a powder, a pill for the yeast infection and this godawful liquid antibiotic. BLEH!!!  Angry
Oh well, at least I didn't get sick, and was able to show and enjoy the show and fellowship of all of my friends.
Took over 1,000 pictures too.  Grin
A friend took some of me and will email them to me. Funny, she mentioned that I looked really great so I took the opportunity to sing the praises of WLS (she is morbidly obese). Turns out her doc had suggested it to her but she was hesitant until talking to me. I am going to keep up the conversation with her and encourage her to have the surgery.
Actually had several comments about my weight loss, that made me feel good.
Lost 4 pounds over the 4 days, but I really do need to master the art of keeping better hydrated and fed. I did bring yogurt, sliced turkey ham, and provolone cheese which is mostly what I ate, and went out to Tumbleweed one night. The gang had picked Olive Garden so I told them I couldn't go there, too many trigger foods like the salad, breadsticks, pasta............
I am exhausted, but happy, now back to work.  Roll Eyes
Only working 1/2 day Friday so I can get to the Obesity Help conference in Cincinnati. Really looking forward to that.  Cool
When Kim sends me pictures, I'll post them here. Figure since I was on a webcast for the world to see, why not my friends at BTV? (I avoid pictures).

Indykitty
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 12/15/2008
Surgery Type: RNY

I'm going to be a diamond, some day...

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 06:35:23 AM »

Congrats on showing!  I saw some of the cutest minis at the fair last week.   Grin

I've had something very similar- nasty infection at the umbilical hernia repair site, but it's almost gone now.

I'm really looking forward to the weekend if I don't have a breakdown from work, home, and school stress.   Huh Just a few more days to go... we'll be coming on Saturday.

Keilah (sounds like Sheila)<br /><br />High 322, Low so far 162.8<br /><br />

Keilah Kay (Sells) Folkertsma on Facebook
baka
Mr. Wizard of Protein
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 07-27-09
Surgery Type: RNY

Tuo Ku Zi, Fang Pi

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 07:32:07 AM »

Congrats!

Can't wait to see the pics Smiley

Ian

ATTN Freshly Pouched Freaks: Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!

Fear Can Hold You Prisoner - Hope Can Set You Free!
Maddie
Grand Poohbah of Freaks

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 04:26:29 PM »

Gratz on qualifying for 3 classes @ World's.  You did pretty good yourself, being away from home and still losing weight and sticking to eating the right stuff.  WTG!  Hope the infection clears up quickly.  Take care.
sfmini
Super Freak
Surgery Date: 03/10/2010
Surgery Type: Sleeve

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 03:38:51 PM »

Well, Kim had a bit of trouble focusing her camera, but as promised here is a picture of Blondie and I.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 03:41:43 PM by sfmini » Logged

Maddie
Grand Poohbah of Freaks

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 03:45:48 PM »

Beautiful!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: