BariatricTV ForumFor Upcoming EpisodesI FREAKIN' DID IT - from Episode 60My little "I freakin did it"
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: My little "I freakin did it"  (Read 777 times)
Maddie
Grand Poohbah of Freaks

« on: September 02, 2010, 08:10:26 PM »

A little history to explain why my little thing is a big thing to me.

I have had 4 budging discs in my lower back.  I have always been heavy as well.  As my back pain got worse, I started doing less. As I did less, I gained more.  See a cycle?  

It got so bad that I stopped leaving the house unless I had a drs appt.  My wonderful hubby was left with doing grocery shopping, errands, etc.  I pretty much  became a recluse.

Since my surgery, my back is much better, I can move around the house without getting winded and actually started going with hubby to the store.  I have also started riding a bike.

Today, I drove alone to go get my nails done.  Which is something I haven't had done in several years.

It may sound childish to be so excited over this.  But, this surgery is honestly giving me my life back and I am beginning to do everyday things most people take for granted.

I have made plans to attend the TX Meet and Greet and the one in Las Vegas as well. Look out world, I'm backkkkkkkkk.
baka
Mr. Wizard of Protein
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 07-27-09
Surgery Type: RNY

Tuo Ku Zi, Fang Pi

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 08:25:11 PM »

Ian

ATTN Freshly Pouched Freaks: Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!

Fear Can Hold You Prisoner - Hope Can Set You Free!
greebo115
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 08/08/08
Surgery Type: RNY Gastric Bypass

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 03:04:16 AM »

Wow Maddie that's no small thing!

I have had a taste of what you are talking about....becoming a recluse...and I'm sure many people on here can identify with this.

I have struggled with depression most of my life and used to slide into an episode without knowing it. I wouldn't go out, or speak to anyone for days and days. If I ran out of groceries, I'd sit and look at the shop that was actually yards away from my house, and do without, because if I went outside....somebody might speak to me.... Huh

Well done lady, recognise your achievements and come shout about them!  Cool

Maddie
Grand Poohbah of Freaks

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 04:45:14 AM »

Thanks so much.  hugs

Diane I know what you mean.  It's easy to become comfortable in your solitude.  Even when you used to be an outgoing person. 

Hubby teases me because after surgery, I started going in the pool for some exercise and lost the "pasty white look" I had been going for the past few years. LOL
Indykitty
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 12/15/2008

I'm going to be a diamond, some day...

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 04:52:43 AM »

Congrats Maddie!   Grin  I so understand as I have experienced the same and like Diane said the dealing with depression pretty much since childhood.  The bigger I got the less I wanted to be seen, because I've had complete strangers yell out horrible insults at me time and again when doing nothing other than minding my own business.  It was better to stay inside. Not anymore, though...  Wink

Keilah (sounds like Sheila)<br /><br />High 322, Low so far 162.8<br /><br />

Keilah Kay (Sells) Folkertsma on Facebook
trimoon
Don't S#@!$ The Bed, Tim!
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 5/31/2010

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 05:40:09 AM »

That is a HUGE NSV...congratulations!

Beth

Tammy
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: June 2, 2010

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 06:31:40 AM »

Maddie Sweetie - that is FANFREAKINTASTIC!!!  I'm so happy for you.  With your new hot picture and all this activity, you're just awesome.  I bet the hubs is thrilled with the new woman in his life!!  Hugs to you, keep going strong!!

Maddie
Grand Poohbah of Freaks

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 07:31:06 AM »

Thanks so much.

Tammy, you are right, my husband is happier now too. He was shocked when I got him tickets to a concert last month for his bday and actually went with him.  I feel so bad for all the time he spent being held back because of me.  I am so fortunate to have such a loving man in my life.
ttowe
BTV Hostess and Future star of Chihuahua Hoarders / Licked to Death by cuteness
Administrator
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: July 4, 2004

BTV Bling

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 07:45:06 AM »

yeah Maddie.

t.

Hello..  My name is Toni.. And I am a chihuahua addict.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: