Print
Author Topic: Anemia  (Read 523 times)
AmberJean
Super Freak
Surgery Date: 02-15-2010
Surgery Type: RNY

Never give up!

« on: November 27, 2010, 01:20:54 PM »

I believe I am suffering from anemia again.

Any advice for increasing my iron intake with FOOD? (yea I know it's a long shot).

I am also lookin for a DR to help manage it.
My surgeon us >1 hour away and he only writes one order for my vitamin panels and then signed me up for an infusion and instructions to come back on my normal schedule. (which is in Feb....I had my last infusion in October).  I still don't feel normal.

I've increased my Vitronc and started taking Biferra (Proferrin as well as elemental iron).

What kind of dr should I consult about this??
My GP?
A Hemetologist?
I'm so confused (and exhausted).

It is not what we eat but what we digest that makes us strong; not what we gain but what we save that makes us rich; not what we read but what we remember that makes us learned; and not what we profess but what we practice that gives us integrity.-- Francis Bacon
Maddie
Grand Poohbah of Freaks

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 01:37:19 AM »

Sorry I don't have any answers for you, but I hope you get to the bottom of it soon and find a dr you like.
auntb
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 8-25-09
Surgery Type: rny

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 03:25:30 AM »

I would suggest your GP he/she can refer you to a Hemo if you need one. Your GP can talk to your Surgeon if needed. You should be having the Surgeon send you copies of all labs to keep for your records and to give to your GP.

If of the many truths you choose but one and follow it blindly it will become a falsehood and you a fanatic.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: