BariatricTV ForumGeneral WLS InformationVSGI'm melting
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: I'm melting  (Read 1257 times)
rokjen
Royal Freakness
Surgery Date: 19 July 2010
Surgery Type: VSG

« on: November 02, 2010, 07:22:11 AM »

I was getting undressed today, and excuse the analogy, but I noticed that my upper inner thighs look like ball sacs. ACK!!! I've only lost 20kg! Shocked

I also had to buy new bras yesterday-- I'm down a full cup size. The only upside is that I can buy bras in Korea now-- the biggest size here is a B cup. Yay. :-P~~~

Jen

I'm 5'1"
T2Nashville
Queen of the Kitchen Freak
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: October 13, 2008

Photo by Candy

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 07:37:58 AM »

All big YAYs, Jen! Yes, you are melting - that's the way it felt for me, too!

"The body vs. the mind - now THAT'S a fight!" Hetty from NCIS: Los Angeles

greebo115
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 08/08/08
Surgery Type: RNY Gastric Bypass

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 08:29:59 AM »

Don't worry Jen. You know the saying "It get worse before it gets better"? Well, it's true!  Wink

I was absolutely disgusted with my body for a few months back there, but honestly, the skin improves, you just have to give it time....a lot of time! Oh, and moisturiser!

Maddie
Grand Poohbah of Freaks

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 01:06:48 PM »

My legs look the same way.  I'm glad to hear from Diane that it gets better. lol

Gratz on the progress!
ttowe
BTV Hostess and Future star of Chihuahua Hoarders / Licked to Death by cuteness
Administrator
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: July 4, 2004
Surgery Type: RNY

BTV Bling

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 01:17:13 PM »

Ohhh...I like that analogy. My legs did look like a melted candle stick for a while. LOL.

But with good products and good routine of taking care of yours skin, it does improve.  It won't ever be like it was when we were young but if you work at it, there can be pretty darn good improvement.

toni

OH HeLL..If I was in Korea...I would still have issue finding a bra. 

T

Hello..  My name is Toni.. And I am a chihuahua addict.
rokjen
Royal Freakness

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 02:06:21 PM »

It's good to know there is a possible light at the end of the tunnel. I'm open to a boob job, but thigh lifts/ LBLs seem to have such long recovery periods, I REALLY don't want to have to go that route. On the other hand, the last time I saw my grandmother in a bathing suit, she was in her 70s, and I don't remember her thighs having such large wrinkles.

Toni-- the bras here are a complete joke. I was very happy to not only find ones I could squeeze into, but ones that were my starting size, not my "target" size. A lot of bras here, the back of the cup is nearly flat, because they are intended to make you look the size stated, starting from an A or AA. Mine may be shrinking, but they are still BYOB (bring your own boobies). LOL

Jen

I'm 5'1"
LowCHO
Royal Freakness
Surgery Date: 11/02/10

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 03:18:19 AM »

Sounds great, Jen ... I would rather have the wrinkles and melted look than being obese.

LowCHO
http://www.lowCHO.com

Sleeved 11/02/10 ... First 20 lb. loss was pre-op
rokjen
Royal Freakness

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 05:06:06 AM »

Me, too, but I honestly didn't expect to have much skin trouble, despite being 40. I'm a relative lightweight, starting at just under 200 pounds. I certainly didn't expect to be seeing this so far from goal. My inner thighs are starting to have thick wrinkles that extend down several inches, not the crepey appearance other people have described (hence the analogy I made).

I've been searching the internet high and low for thigh lift scar photos, but can't find any. I have found several surgeons discouraging people from having the procedure due to the scarring, though, on their practices' own forums. That can't be good. Since I was never keen on the idea of having work done on my legs, that pretty much seals that I'm just going to have to get over it and learn to accept my new reality.

Jen

I'm 5'1"
DeannaO
Super Freak
Surgery Date: 04/04/2005
Surgery Type: Gastric Bypass RNY Lap

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 07:36:30 AM »

Yeah mine looked like the wrinkles on an elephant leg!  lol  Needless to say I dont wear short shorts!

Okay, so I fell.  I'm brushing myself off again to keep on going. 

Deanna O

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - F
MacMadame
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 09/24/08

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 08:42:26 AM »

Because we lose weight so rapidly, we get extra wrinkly compared to the times we've lost weight without surgery. But the skin keeps shrinking even after we stop losing weight.

Personally I'm glad I didn't get PS back when I first got to goal and was sure I'd need it. My arms were horrible for a while but I've been working out and now when I flex my arms there is hardly any "batwing" because it's taken up by my triceps and I don't look down at my arms and see those horrible old lady wrinkles any more.

I still need a lower body lift though and maybe a breast lift, but the arms and thighs are now out of the picture and they weren't even 3 months ago.
rokjen
Royal Freakness

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 01:23:25 PM »

Thanks for the encouragement. I guess I better start hitting the gym...

I've only lost this much weight once before. I lost 40 pounds in two months when I was in college (I had never dieted or worked out before, so it fell off when I gave up junk food and started exercising every day). I guess being so young was the key, because I didn't have any skin issues. Sigh.

Jen

I'm 5'1"
kodiaksheri
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: November 2, 2010
Surgery Type: RNY
From:: BluePoint Surgical, Potomac Hospital, Woodbridge, VA

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 06:43:19 PM »

Jen, I laughed so hard when I read your analogy! My friend and I are both big girls and neither of us had ever had big legs even though we were fat. Our bodies tend to be the apple. Big and round up top with little toothpick legs! Well over the years as we both have gained more and more weight our legs just had to take some of the pain and I called her one morning crying telling her I had "thigh balls"....I just had surgery, so I still have thigh balls but I am hoping to lose those and get my skinny legs back with exercising and time! But oh you made me laugh recalling the thigh issues! It will get better!

rokjen
Royal Freakness

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2010, 05:19:02 PM »

I'm a pretty exaggerated pear, so I knew it would be my thighs if anywhere. I'm also a little worried by some of the melted-candle butts I've seen on plastic surgery B&A sites. It's not horrible and if it doesn't get much worse I can live with it, but I've still got a ways to go and most of my remaining fat is in my thighs. Sigh.

Jen

I'm 5'1"
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: