Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Yoga  (Read 1168 times)
hippieista
Fresh Freak
Surgery Date: Don't know yet
Surgery Type: band (I think)

« on: February 28, 2011, 08:45:55 AM »

I am still trying to decide what type of surgery I am going to have and this may be a strange question, is it ok to do yoga?  My concern is that it could cause the band to slip and I would not want that to happen.  Also could it hurt the port?

Thanks,
Laura
ttowe
BTV Hostess and Future star of Chihuahua Hoarders / Licked to Death by cuteness
Administrator
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: July 4, 2004
Surgery Type: RNY

BTV Bling

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 04:37:55 PM »

Wow...good question. I'm not sure. Hope a bandster can jump in here and answer that for you.

t

Hello..  My name is Toni.. And I am a chihuahua addict.
tete
Fresh Freak
Surgery Date: 02/10/11
Surgery Type: Lap Band

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 03:27:45 PM »

I know that my surgeon sutures the band in place to stop it from moving. I imagine that if yoga is a problem (granted, I don't know much about yoga) then other things would be also and I can tell you that in all of my education and research before having this done I never saw any type of caution like this.

Weight Loss Center is your best free resource for weight loss
effini
Fresh Freak
Surgery Date: Aug 26, 2010
Surgery Type: Lap Band

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 09:55:33 PM »

Yoga is most definitely okay. It's even encouraged by my surgeon. In fact, I have not heard of a single form of exercise which I cannot do. The port is sutured to muscle and well under the skin & fat (an inch or so), so once it heals, it's well protected.

If you're still looking into lap band as an option, I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Sewell's book, or "Bandsters" - both have invaluable info. I think Dr. Sewell's (I'm too lazy to look up the title) was best for pre-surgery, and invaluable when I was trying to make my own decision. I prefer "Bandsters" for after care and re-read it regularly.

Whatever you choose, good luck!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: