BariatricTV ForumGeneral WLS InformationDSLast meal
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Last meal  (Read 1053 times)
exilemoon
Fresh Freak
Surgery Date: 04/05/2011
Surgery Type: DS

Exilemoon

« on: March 29, 2011, 07:18:53 PM »

anyone know what i should have before surgery?HuhHuh?

Exile Moon
baka
Mr. Wizard of Protein
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 07-27-09
Surgery Type: RNY

Tuo Ku Zi, Fang Pi

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 08:29:45 PM »

A really yummy Tasty milk of magnesia shake Tongue

Make sure you stay within 20 yards of the bathroom after you take it!

Try and avoid the last supper syndrome if you can

Ian

ATTN Freshly Pouched Freaks: Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!

Fear Can Hold You Prisoner - Hope Can Set You Free!
auntb
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 8-25-09
Surgery Type: rny

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 12:54:23 AM »

Not your last meal just the start of a new way to eat. Really have something good but don't eat alot the clean out is harder if you pack it in. Good luck.

If of the many truths you choose but one and follow it blindly it will become a falsehood and you a fanatic.
kristi-bisti
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: Nov 18, 2009
Surgery Type: Lap RNY

Feeling Great!

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 03:24:10 PM »

I had quite a few "last meals" before my surgery.  I think I had at least 3 last pasta meals.

What I didn't realize is that there is very little that I cannot eat ever again.  With most things being a once in a while treat.  I even had pasta tonight.

Pick something you enjoy, but remember that is truly not a "last meal" 

Indykitty
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 12/15/2008

I'm going to be a diamond, some day...

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 05:49:58 AM »

I had a crazy last meal syndrome - think I went everywhere and ate everything and regained part of what I had lost pre-surgery... but Kristi is right - it's really not the total end of the line - it's just a temporary parting of the ways for most stuff.  Congrats on  your upcoming surgery date!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 12:15:13 PM by Indykitty » Logged

Keilah (sounds like Sheila)<br /><br />High 322, Low so far 162.8<br /><br />

Keilah Kay (Sells) Folkertsma on Facebook
ttowe
BTV Hostess and Future star of Chihuahua Hoarders / Licked to Death by cuteness
Administrator
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: July 4, 2004

BTV Bling

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 06:52:52 AM »

I'm not a huge fan of "Last meals". Because after surgery....you will eventually be able to eat all things again....just in better for you portions.

And I think the thought just allows you to over eat once more.  Not a good thing if you are trying to shrink your liver before surgery.

But with hindsight.....If i were to sit down to a "last meal"....

I would say...

A nice juicy medium rare tbone steak, a great spinach salad, a loaded baked potato, and for dessert...two scoops of Haagen Daaz Coffee ice cream.

Hello..  My name is Toni.. And I am a chihuahua addict.
HopenToBeThin
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: Pouch Date 6/15/09

We lost 246 in 9 mths - 3/13/10

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 10:52:20 AM »

I just could not decied so I wound up having a jomoca shake and poppers from Arby's, 1 Krystal burger, 1 Krystal corn dog, 1 Taco Bell hard shelled taco and a couple scoops of ice cream from a local parlor that was all cocoa and nutty and carmel and basically lock my teeth rich.  I would not advise this route.  Funny thing is, I have not had any of those things since then or even wanted to try them.

Paula
T'Rina-Lock-DS
Super Freak
Surgery Date: 04-26-10
Surgery Type: duodenal switch

March 2012

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 08:03:14 AM »

Hope your surgery went well.
For anyone who has not already had it I have to say this...I "last suppered" and Last Beered" myself into a 13 pound weight gain in 3.5 months and had to have my surgery postponed until I dropped it and 20 more pounds to show my surgeon I was serious.
I know saying this pisses some people off because they "chose DS so I can eat what I want damn it" but BULL, I honestly dont care if you can get to goal and stay there on candy bars and beef jerky it doesn't change the fact that it is not good for you to eat that way.  I know some people say they can eat 3000 calories of anything they want but WHY?  I didn't eat that much often before surgery why would I want to now?
Look at your DS and your WLS as a new lease on life and the way you eat.  I am 1 yr out and I am still working on eating healthy and I KNOW it is hard so dont think I am saying this from some smug standpoint but I see so many DS people lately go on about the crap they eat and the fact that even if it gives them gas they just "eat it at night"
I do have treats and I can eat many things like steak while others make me sick but here is the thing, I have found that most things that make me feel ill, that give me gas or hurt me are not foods I should eat anyway (except milk and I take Lactase pills for that) they are mostly foods I would of avoided before if I had wanted to lose weight or just keep healthy

I am a 43 yr old artist/crafter from Idaho who had DS WLS on 4-26-10 -I am married to an amazing man who supports my choices

Indykitty
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 12/15/2008

I'm going to be a diamond, some day...

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 08:52:36 AM »

Any updates on surgery?

Keilah (sounds like Sheila)<br /><br />High 322, Low so far 162.8<br /><br />

Keilah Kay (Sells) Folkertsma on Facebook
T2Nashville
Queen of the Kitchen Freak
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: October 13, 2008
Surgery Type: VSG

Photo by Candy

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 11:17:52 AM »

Toni - you and I need to eat a last meal together, if we ever have to face the electric chair for any reason. LOL! We have the same tastes!

T'Rina - thanks for that open and honest post. I hope other DS folks (or those considering it) will take your words to heart. WLS isn't just about being skinny - it's about being healthy, too, so we can live longer and love life!

ExileMoon - hope you'll come let us know how the surgery went!

"The body vs. the mind - now THAT'S a fight!" Hetty from NCIS: Los Angeles

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: