BariatricTV ForumMOVE YO ASSExercise ideas - PreOpAn excercise idea and a little push me idea!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: An excercise idea and a little push me idea!  (Read 1280 times)
BavitaminsRep
Super Freak

« on: May 05, 2009, 08:12:22 AM »

What always motivates me when exercising is I look at a pic in my wallet that I took when I was at my heaviest and when I feel like giving up I pull that sucker out and I look at it hard and I start to want to fight back.  Me and the wife also got into hiking the last few months and its a great idea if you love the outdoors. We just did a 6 mile hike but the hardest part about it was it was all in an incline.  But I loved it. Take time to actually find something that you love to do and keep that pic in your wallet if you can for a little inspiration when you need it most.   
nature girl
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: April 20, 2009
Surgery Type: RNY - Roux en Y

Keep on freakin' on!

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 05:14:45 PM »

Yup, agree with that method.  I should put oneon my ipod.

Amy

Amy
nature girl

robinfrommilwaukee
Jr. Freak
Surgery Date: July 28, 2009
Surgery Type: Distal Gastric Bypass

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 08:32:45 PM »

I have mine hanging up on my wall next to my computer desk. Also I got a picture brag book. And I put my weight loss journey pictures in there. And also one of me the year before we were married in 1986. I was little bit over weight but not obese.

Robin - 215.4lbs (317.5# highest)(diabetes, osteroarthritis, venous insuffiency, diabetic neuropathy, sleep apnea,plantar faciitis) No Meds!

kiersti
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 6/11/2009
Surgery Type: RNY
From:: Originally, San Diego. Currently, San Leandro, CA

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 02:15:08 PM »

I was just thinking about that this morning.  I should think about carrying around a before picture - even if just on my phone. 

Lifted from gastricbypassbarbie.com:
Before surgery, my mantra was “Why bother trying?” Since surgery, it’s “Whatever it takes."
mommchan
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: We should know soon... Dear God Please.
Surgery Type: VSG

Cruise June 2010 Megans Bay, St Thomas USVI

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 05:00:36 AM »

Thanks, I think that will help. I may even have one of those life size stickers made.to put on my wall. My
neice is takeing pictures of me this weekend.

Forever yours, Neice

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: