BariatricTV ForumGeneral WLS InformationGeneral DiscussionAnd that one is Birch...
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: And that one is Birch...  (Read 635 times)
Jabba2Halle
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 3/3/11
Surgery Type: VSG

Jabba no more.

« on: February 16, 2012, 11:16:05 PM »

I've decided that part of my problem is that I can't see the forest for the trees.  You tend to lose sight of the fact that you've lost 100 lbs when all you can see is that you still have 100 to go.  So, I've decided to concentrate on one tree at a time.  My next goal is to finally weigh less than my husband again.  I'm about 20 lbs away.  Looking at it that way kinda stirs up the old competitive juices to help egg me on.

So, what's your next tree?

"We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated." MAngelou
"It's not a miracle cure. It's up to you to lose the weight." Henry,My 600lb Life

mewithin
Royal Freakness
Surgery Date: July 27 2010
Surgery Type: RNY

~Jennifer~

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 05:15:12 AM »

to be under 200....12 lbs away

Indykitty
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 12/15/2008

I'm going to be a diamond, some day...

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 06:51:39 AM »

To get back to my low weight of 163. This morning I was at 169.8.

After that, I would like to reach 160, 155, and ultimately 150, but like Paula said in the other thread, I do remember thinking how happy I'd be to get back to where I was in high school too, and yeah, I'm under that so I need to appreciate what I've got. I was at 185 by the time I was 16. 217 by 17... and yoyoed to my recorded high of 322 - but Lord knows it could've been higher because I had scale-o-phobia!

Keilah (sounds like Sheila)<br /><br />High 322, Low so far 162.8<br /><br />

Keilah Kay (Sells) Folkertsma on Facebook
Cheryl Damon
Royal Freakness
Surgery Date: 4/18/11
Surgery Type: Sleeve Gastrectomy

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 07:48:53 AM »

At this point, I'm ecstatic when the number on the scale is less than it was the day before, even if only by an ounce or two. I did the happy dance this morning when the scale showed I had lost a pound in the past week!! Woo hoo!!

Taking it a day at a time.
ttowe
BTV Hostess and Future star of Chihuahua Hoarders / Licked to Death by cuteness
Administrator
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: July 4, 2004

BTV Bling

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 10:14:04 AM »

Great advice sweetie.

Right now I'm taking one work out at a time...daily.

Toni

Hello..  My name is Toni.. And I am a chihuahua addict.
Jabba2Halle
Grand Poohbah of Freaks

Jabba no more.

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 09:39:59 PM »

I haven't gotten to the workout tree yet.  LOL  In due time.

"It's not a miracle cure. It's up to you to lose the weight." Henry,My 600lb Life

Dr_Adventure
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 1/12/12

Taken on 11/17 - cut hair as part of tranformation

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 04:23:52 PM »

My initial mile stone is 50Lbs lost (I'm getting close) - my next is being under 300 (that is also getting close) - I'm hoping to also be down below 55% body fat around the same time.  I also have the goal of getting back into my 46inch pants and fit comfortably in a 2X rather than a 3X- I am less clear on the milestones after these - but I suspect they will look similar.  I also am hoping to experience it easier to get around (I'm beginning to experience this).  I'm hoping to comfortably be able to buckle the seatbelt on the plane to HI next week (I know I won't be able to do that on the small plane that has really small belts - that will be a really big "freaking did it"!  I like small trees they help!

CurlyQT
Super Freak
Surgery Date: November 2, 2011

11/2/2011

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 06:39:15 AM »

I've decided that part of my problem is that I can't see the forest for the trees.  You tend to lose sight of the fact that you've lost 100 lbs when all you can see is that you still have 100 to go.  So, I've decided to concentrate on one tree at a time.  My next goal is to finally weigh less than my husband again.  I'm about 20 lbs away.  Looking at it that way kinda stirs up the old competitive juices to help egg me on.

So, what's your next tree?

This is so true. I have never set a final goal for myself. I bought a dress and my goal was to get my happy ass into it, when it became too loose, I moved onto weighing less than 250lbs, now that I am 225lbs I am aiming to be 200lbs. I refuse to make another goal until I reach 200lbs.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
SoonerFreak
Super Freak
Surgery Date: Dec 12, 2011

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 10:52:18 AM »

I would really, really, really like to be under 200 lbs again - even if it's just to say that I got there. I feel so good now I sometimes catch myself thinking anything else is just icing on the cake...but I'm still early out - and the the weight loss continues. Who knows where I will end up?

lesliethequeen
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: September 19, 2011
Surgery Type: Roux-N-Y

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 11:22:07 PM »

I would like to learn to cook WLS friendly meals that still taste good. I think I will have to wait a bit until the world around me calms down...

Starting Weight:307
Current Weight: 180.0

Everything you want in the world is just right outside your comfort zone, everything...Jamie Le
David Schronce
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: Dec 6, 2010

Bariatric Food Dude

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 10:20:21 AM »

Leslie, when you are ready let me know.  I've been working on it for quite a while and well be glad to share what I've learned.

---dave---

lesliethequeen
Grand Poohbah of Freaks

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 12:28:02 AM »

David, you are a definite influence - you make it seem possible to eat well and still get the good nutrition that we need in. I will be trying some of your great recipes for sure.

I think this way of eating could help our whole family, so I guess I'll give it a go when I move to my daughter's place. She has a beautiful kitchen - it should be fun to cook in.

But, I will definitely pick your brain!

Everything you want in the world is just right outside your comfort zone, everything...Jamie Le
Jabba2Halle
Grand Poohbah of Freaks

Jabba no more.

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 03:34:44 PM »

I like small trees they help!

Yes, they do!  Smiley

Superfreaky
Royal Freakness
Surgery Date: December 22, 2010
Surgery Type: Gastric bypass

Victory comes one day at time!!

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 04:25:43 PM »

I have been stuck at 160 for weeks and weeks and weeks.  I want to get to 155.  However, in my heart of hearts, I yearn for 150.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com

Tammy
lesliethequeen
Grand Poohbah of Freaks

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 12:31:47 AM »

Okay, time for honesty here...I have yet to get on the exercise train! I have lost 92 pounds and still haven't gotten into the exercise - very essential - part of the program...

Lots of excuses - My car died and I felt bad asking the lovely daughter to give me a ride to the pool (that is since last August); the video tapes are boring; I can't walk because of the arthritis; can't stand because of the scoliosis; and a major depression has taken me over because life has been crud for a few years and I am tired of it all!

All nonsense! I know that, I just have to put it to work! Exercise is the "Fountain of Youth" in so many ways and people with tons worse disabilities than I have exercise every day and even enter the Olympics! I also know that one of the best defenses against depression is exercise!!

Okay - excuses out the window...I may have even convinced myself...

That's my next hurtle, my huge willow dripping all over me and the final piece that I need to squeeze into an already better life!

Jabba2Halle
Grand Poohbah of Freaks

Jabba no more.

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 11:42:21 AM »

I hear ya talkin' girl!  That's not an easy one but you can get there.  Find something you like and build the intensity slowly. Whatever you can do is better than nothing.

Servicegirl
Fresh Freak
Surgery Date: 2/14/2012
Surgery Type: Lap Band

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 09:12:28 AM »

My first goal is to be done with puree. next goal is to walk more. Final goal for now is to get to 200.

Tammy:)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: