BariatricTV ForumGeneral WLS InformationGeneral Discussion6 week follow up with doctor done!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 6 week follow up with doctor done!  (Read 245 times)
Petemitchell2
Fresh Freak
Surgery Date: 01/18/2012
Surgery Type: Gastric Bypass

Me and my friend Corey Haim just before he passed

« on: March 01, 2012, 04:48:57 PM »

And the results were good! I have been feeling sore lately around the pouch area, slowed down on my treadmill workouts thinking I may have started to overdo it. Started sleeping in bed lately only waking up to pain if I slept on my left side so I was worried about that.

According to the doctor after checking everything out, all my aches and pains are completely normal. He said that he has so many staples in there I am almost indestructable! He stated that for a while I will feel sore with anything new I introduce (laying  down in bed again, increasing exercise etc.) but he said to do it! I was given my permission slip to go back to work with no restrictions. My work has me in group homes with individuals with mental health/mental retardation / severe behavioral issues. At times I may be involved in restraints etc. My doctor again stated that everything is healed up nicely and not to worry about it. If anything I will be sore. Only time will get rid of the soreness but for now no reason why I can not get back to lifting weights!

I found a great book as well that details weight lifting after bariatric surgery. I do not have it with me right now but will certainly get the info on the book here tomorrow if people are interested.

Beginning weight: 389 (September)
Day of Surgery: 369 (January)
Weight today: 339
Total lost: 50 lbs!  I guess the hospital scale likes 9's!

Pete
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 04:51:54 PM by Petemitchell2 » Logged

baka
Mr. Wizard of Protein
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 07-27-09
Surgery Type: RNY

Tuo Ku Zi, Fang Pi

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 06:48:15 PM »

Awesome job Pete!

Ian

ATTN Freshly Pouched Freaks: Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!

Fear Can Hold You Prisoner - Hope Can Set You Free!
Dr_Adventure
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 1/12/12

Taken on 11/17 - cut hair as part of tranformation

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 06:54:50 PM »

Congrats - I use to work in group homes and it sounds like we are at about the same point in the process.  My surgery was 1/12/12 and I was 351 at surgery 360 before that - down to about 310 now.  I would love to see the resource on lifting for Bariatric - I use to lift a lot and was thinking about getting back into it to fill up some of the space of the extra skin!

Tammy
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: June 2, 2010

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 07:10:48 PM »

Great Job and keep up the great work.  Those aches and pains will go away eventually!!

ItsUIC
Royal Freakness
Surgery Date: 3/11/10

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 08:52:36 PM »

Nicely done Pete! Keep up the great job.

HW/329, SW/243, CW/141
Sean

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.   --Confucius--
auntb
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 8-25-09
Surgery Type: rny

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 02:13:18 AM »

Great job! Grin You will notice all kinds of new "pains" as the weight comes off, places that never were boney will get that way and it takes awhile for you to adjust to the new "normal" your joints are used to a lot of padding spaceing them and this is changeing so rapidly you will notice it. Wait until you sit down and discover your tail bone Ouch.

I manage group homes have for 25 years. You are going to have a much easier time at work as time goes on. Rock on.

If of the many truths you choose but one and follow it blindly it will become a falsehood and you a fanatic.
Indykitty
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: 12/15/2008

I'm going to be a diamond, some day...

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 05:45:37 AM »

Congratulations! That is so awesome. With weight lifting, you're going to build muscle and melt the weight away even faster!  Cool Grin

Keilah (sounds like Sheila)<br /><br />High 322, Low so far 162.8<br /><br />

Keilah Kay (Sells) Folkertsma on Facebook
ttowe
BTV Hostess and Future star of Chihuahua Hoarders / Licked to Death by cuteness
Administrator
Grand Poohbah of Freaks
Surgery Date: July 4, 2004

BTV Bling

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 06:46:26 AM »

Pete, that's awesome!!!

Even this long out from surgery, I still get the "unexplained" aches in my pouch area. Nothing to painful, but I'm aware of it.

Would love to know more about the weight training.

Take care.

t

Hello..  My name is Toni.. And I am a chihuahua addict.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: