This one had to be rerun. It’s got the infamous cottage cheese pancakes. Yes I know the ingredients sound strange but you won’t regret trying this recipe. Not to mention watching Lynnda almost bash herself with a breast. We hope you enjoy it…again.
On this weeks re-run episode, our FOW needed some love, we talked about the post surgery breasteses, and life after weight loss surgery ain’t for wussies! Then we cook up a batch of yummy cottage cheese pancakes!
- This weeks “Freak of the Week” needs some loving – Sephia
- She’s having a hard time…and has 7 kids…Wow oh Wow.
- This ones for the ladies….your breasts after weight loss surgery
- Your breasts are fatty tissue, and you are trying to lose the fat.
- A proper fitting bra can do wonders for your self esteem.
- Do you think all your problems will be solved after weight loss surgery?
- Surgery only works on your stomach, not on your head.
- While losing the weight, you may want to concentrate on what is REALLY causing your problems.
- Lynnda cooks us up some cottage cheese pancakes.
Well Freaks the new site is here and loaded with new features. For starters we have a couple new ways for finding the videos you want to watch. So Mike has whipped up a little tutorial video to help you do just that.
Good Old Episode 6. One of my favorites. Lynnda was brilliant.. She and I both have a hard time watching the earlier episodes because hey…we just weren’t that comfortable in front of the camera and reading from a telemprompter.
This show has the segment on WLS Puberty. How many of us got to experience this wonderful side “benefit” of weight loss surgery?
As always, thanks for watching. – Toni
Show Notes Episode 6
- Advice from your bariatric vitamin girl.
- Ask your doctor about specific vitamin regiments
- Tips for avoiding forgetting your vitamins
- Have you been getting your yearly blood work?
- A resource for medical recommendations on living with bariatric surgery
- WLS Puberty
- A solution for the muffin top
In this weeks episode of BariatricTV we have a Doc Who Rocks who even forgoes vacation! In the Dumping Ground we ask for your input and show ideas for when the show returns in January. In Altered Reality we talk about a rarely talked about eating disorder that can occur after weight loss surgery. And we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with a review of Building Blocks Vitamins Anti-Ox.
NOTE: We mentioned in the show that Building Blocks Vitamins was the only manufacturer with an Antioxidant formula. That may have been a bit misleading so we want to clear it up. Bariatric Advantage has informed us that their multi-vitamins have been made with an antioxidant formulation since 2002. Sorry for the confusion.
- Our Doc Who Rocks is Dr. Isabelle Raiche From Ottawa Civic Hospital.
- We ask you for some new show ideas for when we return in January.
- Some people never get past the soft food stage when it comes to their eating after weight loss surgery.
- After surgery your body needs a variety of different foods. Not just soft, or slider, foods.
- If you have trouble with certain foods experiment with how you prepare them.
- Don’t over cook lean meats after weight loss surgery
- We do a review of Building Blocks Vitamins Anto-Ox
In this weeks episode of BariatricTV we have a Drop Zone Freak who’s gone to the dogs! We take a look at drinking (booze) during the holiday season after you’ve had weight loss surgery. Then Toni shares some things you might not know about your weight that she found in a Readers Digest. And we wrap the show up with a review of a long term freak’s website, that’s all about accountability.
- Our Drop Zone Freak is Toby.
- We get asked alot about drinking alcohol during the holidays.
- If you have issues with cross addictions and feel you NEED a drink, get some help – please.
- If you’re less than a year out from surgery, don’t drink as you’re still healing.
- If you’re going to drink after weight loss surgery be responsible about it.
- Toni found a great article in Readers Digest about a few things you might not know about weight.
- There’s a total of 13 things you might not know that can contribute to your weight, from genetics to viruses (or is that virii?).
- We do a quick review of Ron Havens’ blog.
- Big Train Fit Frappe
- 13 Things You Never Knew About Your Weight Article
- Ron Havens blog site
In Episode 48 we look at a few stories on the news, including one on the military paying for weight loss surgery.
THIS WEEKS STORIES:
In this weeks episode of BariatricTV we have a a Doc That Rocks – who’s a cardiologist? In the Dumping Ground we have a special BTV announcement. We discuss some tips on how to deal with the upcoming holiday season. Then we wrap things up with a 2011 WLS Award Winner – a recipe from Waning Woman.
- Our Doc Who Rocks this week is Dr. Peter McCullough, submitted by Aunt B.
- And our BTV announcement is…we are taking a little break to bring you a new and improved show and website
- You can help us out and win some BTV bucks
- Need help getting through the holidays?
- Gift yourself with exercise.
- Utilize portion control
- Experiment with low sugar low carb recipes
- And a recipe from Waning Woman that won a 2011 WLS Award from Diva Taunia