Danielle 4: Wish My Clothes Would Shrink After Weight Loss Surgery

Posted by on Jul 25, 2011 in Danielle

In show 4 Danielle deals with expanding food choices. She also is starting to deal with loose fitting clothes now that she shrinking. And she finishes it up with a few interesting questions from forum member sizzletime.

HIGHLIGHTS

• During the first few weeks after weight loss surgery the diet is pretty easy due to your limited choices.
  • At 6 weeks Danielle’s diet choices are expanding. Now it’s up to her to make the right choices.
  • Danielle talks about her food choices while going out to dinner with friends.
  • As Danielle is shrinking, her clothes aren’t.
  • Danielle answers a few questions from forum member sizzletime

13 Responses to “Danielle 4: Wish My Clothes Would Shrink After Weight Loss Surgery”

1. OK…you asked. I don’t know how things are in Southern California but here in New Jersey all the beautiful people and freaks get their clothes at thrift stores, second hand clothing outlets and Goodwill stores.

Seriously, I had someone tell me they had a friend who underwent WLS and he would go to Goodwill stores to buy clothes while he was losing because they were cheap and he was going to shrink out of them before they wore out. I also found this to be very helpful.

Now I am hooked. Last week, I went to the Goodwill Store and got a pair of Tommy Hillfiger khakis AND an Aeropostale shirt for 4 dollars. Hard to beat that.

2. Patrina says:

Nice sideways ponytail!!!!

3. Patrina says:

Nice sideways ponytail!!!! Danielle, would you like me to send you some of my clothes? I have some pretty fashionable a.k.a young stuff?

4. Hi, resale shops, garage sales, and rummage sales for a start. New stuff Old Navy, Target,Kmart, clearance almost anywhere.Buy the layers close to the skin tight and you can move them out as you shrink also if you find a great sale buy one size down. If you sew take things in and add belts and ties. Pants are the hardest don’t get more than 2 pair at a time until you quit loosing. Jeans are hard to find at the resale shops as people tend to keep ones that fit and ones at the resales are for odder fits but you may find some great things, be ready to try on LOTS of things to find some you like. Get one of the books on modifying clothing most use bigger sizes and make them smaller and require little or no sewing skill and is something to do when things get to big.

5. Thrift Stores always have really good finds, it just takes a little looking around. There are also stores like Plato’s Closet which allows you to bring in your gently used clothes and they PAY you for them ^_^. They also have used clothes for sale. The most helpful thing I would say is SALE RACKS. they are your best friend especially during changing seasons. Clothes will be on sale for 50-75% off. Also depending on how loose or how important the item is a tailor isn’t expensive and can help you save some of your favorite pieces without breaking the bank! Good Luck!

6. JenMarie says:

First off, good for you in your response to the email. you handled it very maturely and with a lot of class. Second,
    thrift stores are good, but I think I remember diva taunia selling some of her clothes on ebay. if you have a designer that you know fit you well or are cut similar to you body shape maybe you could check out ebay. Keep up the good work!! oh, and you are right about SoCal. Lived there for a year after I got married and it is very image oriented there.

7. First off all.. I love the flower and the flipped set.. Don’t be like your mom.. Be like me! Bwaaahaaaahaaa.. Great episode.. It’s so different when I am not there for it.

8. Danielle
    this is the first time I’ve watched the show. . .waiting for a free weekend when I can immerse myself in freakdom.
    For the record you are not a carbon copy of Toni you are you and I’m loving the show.

Now Shopping
    Target
    Walmart
    Old Navy?
    Ross Dress for Less
    Marshalls
    TJ Maxx
    MAcys Clearance Rack
    YOu’re lucky that in Cali it stays warm a lot longer than here in Jersey
    Dresses might be a good choice while you’re losing quick

9. Danielle says:

Thanks everyone!!! I’ll deffinitly look at some of those places.

@Patrina- SURE! Let me know how much shipping will be though first, I just lost my job so my cash flow isnt as good as it once was!

@Burnett- I believe there is beautiful people there. Plus the Jersey Shore is one of my guilty pleasures so I know they are just as tan there too. :-)

@Shepkat- I’mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Lynnda Shepherd…….. Nope it just doesn’t roll off the tongue as well as I’mmmmmmmmmm Toni Towe.

D – very proud of you and your responses to all of the comments and questions you are getting. It’s so obvious that you have always known exactly who you are, and that you are incredibly comfortable in your own skin. (We are so much alike! LOL!) My Mom is also my BFF, so I completely understand where you are coming from. I find myself growing more like her every day, and I am proud of that!

I agree with all of the other posts about where to get cheap clothes. You won’t believe what you will find at thrift stores like Goodwill. I’ve bought Ann Taylor, Liz Clayborne, NY & Co, Talbot’s. You’ll also be surprised at what Walmart and Target have to offer. Just don’t buy a whole lot. Get just enough to get you through a week or so, do laundry, and before the month is out, you’ll find yourself trading those back in for smaller sizes.

Love you and miss you! You are doing an AWESOME job on this show!

11. Jen (gum2bear) says:

I have been scouring yard sales – I will look in the papers for ads that specifically mention certain clothing sizes. I will also buy things that I like but are a couple sizes smaller and then hang on to them until they fit if they are a good deal.
    Thrift stores, walmart, kmart, I agree with all.
    Jen

12. Jusmisbehaven says:

I go to resale stores like platoes closet and Kohls sales racks. The cloths are inexpensive and modern. I also sew but I really don’t want to put a lot of time into something I’m going to shrink out of quickly.
    Also Like you I was very close to my mom. I enjoy seeing bits of Toni’s personality showing up in you. It let’s me know ya’ll are close.

13. I have to put in a plug for consignment shops, since I own one here in Pennsylvania! WLS had a lot to do with my decision to open an upscale plus-size consignment shop. Many of my customers are WLS patients, we share not only clothing but lots of support too.

Please help support the local business person, especially the resale shop owners!

You look great, Danielle!