In this week’s episode of BariatricTV we have a Drop Zone Freak who kicked diabetes right out the door! In the Dumping Ground segment we talk about how your local chain restaurant menus will be changing for the better. Then, in Altered Reality, we take a look at things you can do to help impart your new healthy lifestyle onto your kids. Finally, we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with a tasty red white and blue dessert that’s perfect for your 4th of July backyard barbecue!
- The Drop Zone segment features Jolynn from Wisconsin.
- When it comes to ordering at your favorite chain restaurant things just got a little easier.
- By the end of the year chain restaurants with more than 20 locations will have to post calorie counts for all items on their menu.
- A nice side effect of this is that restaurants are re-engineering their menu to get the calorie counts down
- iHOP’s basic bacon and egg breakfast is 1100 calories, but they now also have an option using turkey bacon and egg whites that weighs in at 350 calories.
- Studies show that people will make modest changes to what they order at a restaurant when faced with calorie counts.
- Now that you’ve had surgery and are living a healthier lifestyle it may be time to look at your kids.
- We offer up some reasons why childhood obesity has more than tripled since the 1980′s
- We give you some tips, from Dr. Jeanne Montal who is a pediatrician in our hometown of San Diego, on helping your kids avoid obesity.
- We offer up a colorful 4th of July dessert that we borrowed from Eggface and added a BTV twist to.