Episode 130: Your Cheating Pouch

Posted by on Jul 21, 2011 in Food issues, Long Term, Recipes

In this week’s episode of BariatricTV we have a Drop Zone Freak who gave us a break. In the Dumping Ground we take a look at tailbone pain after weight loss surgery. Then, in Altered Reality, we discuss your cheating pouch, yes you have one.  And we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with a quick weight loss surgery friendly dessert recipe.

HIGHLIGHTS

• The Drop Zone segment features Kim May.
  • After weight loss surgery are you experiencing tailbone pain?
  • As your weight redistributes your tailbone could start to hurt.
  • Try sitting on a pillow to stop some of the pain.
  • Also try building some muscle mass in your buttocks.
  • If you’re at home try a few squats. At the gym, do a stair climber or bike.
  • If you’ve had an RnY, chances are you have a cheating pouch.
  • Your pouch will tempt you into eating things, and you may have no problems at all with the new foods.
  • That same food that gave you no problem will, one day, change it’s mind. It’ll get stuck and give you the foamies. It’s all your cheating pouch.
  • Some days your cheating pouch will be bottomless, other days it won’t let you eat more than a couple bites.
  • Some days the cheating pouch will tempt you to eat things you shouldn’t.
  • Toni whips up a weight loss friendly dessert that’s fun for the whole family to make!

14 Responses to “Episode 130: Your Cheating Pouch”

1. Burnett says:

I can totally relate to the cheating pouch segment but my pouch isn’t nearly so freakin’ hilarious! I was on the floor laughing! Thanks for another great show!

2. baka (Ian) says:

Top notch show fweaks!

3. Great Show!! Thanks for the info on my sore arse. The doctor & the ergo guy at work thought I was nuts when I started to complain how much it hurts.

Toni – you are beautiful every day, but even more so in good lighting! (Thank you, Mikey! And you make a fabulous Cheatin’ Pouch.)

My tailbone doesn’t hurt as much anymore, but I still can’t sit still for long periods of time – even though I feel my butt is the still the biggest part of me!

And who hasn’t turned up the SF Caramel Syrup bottle? Go, Lynnda!

5. Crasylady52 says:

Great show guys! I love watching ya’all! Thank you for making my day!

6. Great information-thanks!

7. Jabba2Halle says:

ROFLMAO! Sleeves can’t be trusted either. One day it seems like there’s all the room in the world, and the next you eat 2 bites and it decides there’s no room for more. It sure makes lunchtime an adventure! :)

8. So grateful to be able to view again, I missed you guys! Loved the cheating pouch segment <3

9. Big Mickey says:

I’m glad y’all are able to view again too! Sorry it took so long to get it figured out.

10. liese haley says:

Totally loved the Cheatin’ Pouch segment!

11. futuresveltemom says:

Awesome segment, loved “the cheatin’ pouch”. Mine had me “fooled” with ice cream. Just a small scoop of Friendly’s mint chocolate chip on a sugar cone: once, twice and even three times on separate occasions over a two month period. Then…the fourth time…..uh huh. The head pounds, I break out into a cold sweat, my gut is screamin’, I’m nauseated and I just feel like crap in general….I dumped. I haven’t tried the stuff since.

12. No Peep Hatin' says:

Just watched the show. Fabulous! And, Chris wants his hat back! LOL

13. I caught up on episodes last night during a late flight (Yeah for downloads from iTunes!) and just bust out laughing out loud at the cheating pouch… I swear you filmed this from inside MY pouch…. “Ah – cheese sticks, keep ‘em coming!” Hysterical.

I’m sure the other passengers were wondering was so funny…. I woke a few up. Very creative and a very much needed “deep pouch laugh”. THANKS! :-)

And I’m showing this one to some friends and family so they will understand that the pain in my arse is REALLY in my arse and not my head…. :-)

14. Heather Lundquist says:

How can I get the recipe for this? Written, I mean :)