In this week’s episode of BariatricTV we have have a new Doc Who Rocks! It’s Dr. Sina Matin from Baylor Healthcare System in Grapevine Texas. Dr. Matin was submitted by Michelle who had plenty of great things to say about the good doc. In the Dumping Ground we take a look at managing expectations after weight loss surgery. In Altered Reality we look at the phenomenon of people disappearing from the community after losing weight. And we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with a review of some tasty oils and balsamic vinegars from a local source.
- The Docs Who Rock Segment features Dr. Sina Matin.
- When it comes to success after weight loss surgery part of it is managing your expectations.
- Keep in mind that everyone is different and will lose weight at different rates.
- Have a goal of losing a couple pounds a week, just like other weight loss programs.
- Understand that your skin most likely won’t snap back. You may be left with some saggy skin, prepare for that.
- Always expect the unexpected after weight loss surgery
- You can’t compare yourself to others, we are all different.
- After losing the weight many people lose touch with their support network.
- For some that’s fine, but for many, losing that support could lead to regain.
- If you haven’t been around in a while hop back into the forums and let us know what you’re up to.
- If you have gained some weight back don’t be afraid to reengage with your support network, it’s there to help you.
- We do a quick review of Coronado Taste of Oils.
- Coronado Taste of Oils is a local San Diego store that sells speciality flavored oils, balsamic vinegars, pastas and other good stuff.