In this week’s episode of BariatricTV we have a Drop Zone Freak who has changed her perception. In the Dumping Ground segment we discuss caring for your teeth after weight loss surgery. Then, in Altered Reality, we offer up a few tips on dealing with the first few weeks after surgery. Finally, we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with a review of a new web site that we learned about during our recent trip to New York.
- The Drop Zone segment features Sally Wimberley or as she’s known on YouTube, Cabernetqueen.
- Have you considered how your tooth care may change after bariatric surgery?
- Lynnda’s dentist has mentioned that he’s seen some big problems with some post weight loss surgery patients.
- If you don’t keep up on your calcium supplements it could lead to bone loss, which could lead to tooth loss.
- After weight loss surgery your saliva can be more acidic. This could lead to erroding the enamel on your teeth.
- Seeing your dentist twice a year is even more important after weight loss surgery.
- We share a few tips to help you in the weeks right after surgery.
- There’s no way you’ll be able to get in all your water, vitamins and protein right after surgery.
- Concentrate on staying hydrated
- Give it a little time before rushing right back into your daily routine.
- You may have trouble “Picking Flowers” after surgery.
- Don’t rush your food plan, you may wind up developing some bad habits.
- Take pictures and measurements so you have something to compare to when you hit a stall – And you WILL stall.
- Don’t play the comparison game.
- Do not try to push your limits once you’re eating regularly.
- Please contact your doctor if you’re experiencing pain.
- You WILL have emotional mood swings, it’s normal!
- Find a protein and vitamin supplement you like
- Keep one piece of your big clothes, it will help you on the days when you need some inspiration.
- We do a review of heartonmysleeveblog.com