In this weeks episode of BariatricTV we kick things off in The Dumping Ground with an update on whats up with BTV. Then in Altered Reality we discuss the ofter heard saying “100 pounds gone forever!!!” The we have some quick tips on how to deal with the holiday buffets. And we wrap things up with a recipe for a tasty holiday trifle.
In this weeks episode of BariatricTV we have a Drop Zone Freak who kept it short and sweet. Then in the Dumping Ground we talk about the weight loss surgery “F” word, it’s not the word you’re thinking of!
We then follow things up with an Altered Reality segment on dealing with naughty foods, and a Quick Tip that may help you eat less. Then we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with an announcement about what were doing at next weeks WLSFA Meet and Greet.
In this weeks episode of BariatricTV we have a Drop Zone Freak who can keep on walking. Then in the Dumping Ground we take a look at hoe to recognize if you are having vitamin deficiencies.
We then follow things up with an Altered Reality segment on dealing with mental challenges after weight loss surgery, and a Quick Tip on snacking. Then we wrap things up with a quick and easy recipe for a single oatmeal cookie.
In this weeks episode of BariatricTV, we start it off with an amazing banded inspiration. Then we give you some of the low down on the upcoming WLSFA Meet and Greet. You are going aren’t you?
Next we follow things up with a look at snacking, are you doing it the right way? And a Quick Tip on asthma after weight loss surgery. You may find as you loose weight you can breath easier.
And we wrap up the show with a few tips on getting over that stall, when it comes to your exercise routine you may need to pick up the pace!
- BTV Forums
- WLSFA Meet and Greet
- Banded Wendy’s YouTube Channel
- Want a hair flower just like Lynnda’s?
In this weeks episode of BariatricTV, we start it off with a Drop Zone Freak that says there’s more to life than just breathing in and out. After that we talk a bit about Sarah Halbrook’s recent appearance on the TLC Network show The Real Skinny.
Next it’s time for BTV’s weight loss surgery trip around the world. In this segment we take a look at some of the healthier eating habits that abound in other countries. By adopting some of these habits you may find it easier to lose, and maintain, your weight.
And finally we finish things up with a review of a new protein bar from the folks at Supreme Protein, or and Toni named them in a previous episode “Super Me!”
In this weeks episode of BariatricTV we start things off with an amazing Drop Zone Freak who has one powerful sentence. After that we bring you another brand new segment for 2012. In Soup to Nuts we’ll be covering the various stages of weight loss surgery. This time we take a look at the preop stage with a suggestion or two on where to do some research.
This weeks Quick Tip is a way to help you judge proper food proportions after weight loss surgery. Then we move into Altered Reality where we take a look at one of the best lean proteins you can sink your teeth into… it’s fish! And we wrap thing up with a review of the multiple calcium options from Building Blocks Vitamins.
In this weeks episode of BariatricTV we start the year off with some new graphics, new segments and even an updated cooking set. We’ll begin things with our first Drop Zone Freak of 2012 who’s a long time viewer from New Orleans. Then we’ll discuss some of the changes we have coming for 2012 in The Dumping Ground. After that we have a brand new segment called “Figure it Out” where we’ll discuss some of the body issues you may me having after weight loss surgery. This week we’ll discuss the dreaded Double Butt! Next we’ll delve, or as Toni says “We’ll Dwelve” into a new segment call “Quick Tip” in this segment well give you a tip for your post weight loss surgery life in 30 seconds. And finally, we’ll wrap things up with a cooking segment where we’ll show you two recipes you can take to your superbowl party.
In this weeks episode of BariatricTV we have a Doc Who Rocks who even forgoes vacation! In the Dumping Ground we ask for your input and show ideas for when the show returns in January. In Altered Reality we talk about a rarely talked about eating disorder that can occur after weight loss surgery. And we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with a review of Building Blocks Vitamins Anti-Ox.
NOTE: We mentioned in the show that Building Blocks Vitamins was the only manufacturer with an Antioxidant formula. That may have been a bit misleading so we want to clear it up. Bariatric Advantage has informed us that their multi-vitamins have been made with an antioxidant formulation since 2002. Sorry for the confusion.
- Our Doc Who Rocks is Dr. Isabelle Raiche From Ottawa Civic Hospital.
- We ask you for some new show ideas for when we return in January.
- Some people never get past the soft food stage when it comes to their eating after weight loss surgery.
- After surgery your body needs a variety of different foods. Not just soft, or slider, foods.
- If you have trouble with certain foods experiment with how you prepare them.
- Don’t over cook lean meats after weight loss surgery
- We do a review of Building Blocks Vitamins Anto-Ox
In this weeks episode of BariatricTV we have a a Doc That Rocks – who’s a cardiologist? In the Dumping Ground we have a special BTV announcement. We discuss some tips on how to deal with the upcoming holiday season. Then we wrap things up with a 2011 WLS Award Winner – a recipe from Waning Woman.
- Our Doc Who Rocks this week is Dr. Peter McCullough, submitted by Aunt B.
- And our BTV announcement is…we are taking a little break to bring you a new and improved show and website
- You can help us out and win some BTV bucks
- Need help getting through the holidays?
- Gift yourself with exercise.
- Utilize portion control
- Experiment with low sugar low carb recipes
- And a recipe from Waning Woman that won a 2011 WLS Award from Diva Taunia
In this weeks episode of BariatricTV, a long time viewer of the show submitted this weeks Doc Who Rocks. In the Dumping Ground we take a look at the changes that may take place in your face after weight loss surgery. In Altered Reality we discuss how NOT going on a diet could be the key to your success. And we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with tasty dessert recipe that can cure your craving for the candy corn.
- This weeks Doc Who Rocks is Nashville’s own Lois Wagstrom
- Before weight loss many of us only looked at our face in the mirror.
- You may notice changes in your face even more.
- After losing weight you may start to notice wrinkles and sagging in your face.
- After weight loss surgery you should avoid dieting
- A diet implies that it is something temporary and that one day you will be off of your diet
- Weight loss surgery requires a change to eating healthy everyday, for the rest of your life.
- Lynnda (and Toni’s hands) whip up a tasty Halloween dessert inspired by candy corns.
In this week’s episode of BariatricTV we have have a Drop Zone Freak that’s the happiest she’s been in 17 years. Then in the Dumping Ground we’ll give you a few tips to ease your fears of dating after weight loss surgery. In Altered Reality we take a look at dealing with overeating during the fast approaching winter months. And we wrap things up in the Freak On segments with a tasty recipe from out pal Eggface, for a bariatric friendly football snack
- This weeks Drop Zone Freak is Kenna Clark
- Are you afraid of dating after weight loss surgery.
- We have a few tips that can help you with dating.
- Fall is here and winter is coming, and in winter we have a tendency to pack on the pounds
- We offer up a few tips on how to control weight gain during the winter months.
- We wrap things up with a recipe from Eggface for Deviled Eggface Footballs
In this week’s episode of BariatricTV we have have a new Doc Who Rocks that’s easy on the eyes. In the Dumping Ground we answer a recent question we had on the radio show about getting food stuck. In Altered Reality we discuss some things you should consider when choosing a bariatric surgeon. And we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with some ideas on using Bariatric Advantage savory proteins to up your protein intake.
- Our Doc Who Rock’s is Dr. Davidson from Community Hospital in Ephrata, PA.
- Dr. Davidson was submitted by Theresa Gettle.
- On our weekly radio show a listener asked what to do when you get something stuck after weight loss surgery?
- Some have suggested trying some meat tenderizer, Lynnda has some thoughts on that.
- Others have suggested papaya enzymes
- Toni has found that the only real solution is to yak it up
- If you have something stuck for more then 24 hours call your doctor.
- We offer some tips on selecting a bariatric surgeon.
- First find out who in your area is covered by your insurance.
- Attend some seminars given by local docs.
- Make sure to ask plenty of question, remember you are interviewing that doc for a job!
- We offer up some ideas on using Bariatric Advantage savory protein mixes to up the protein content in your favorite foods.
In this week’s episode of BariatricTV we have a Drop Zone Freak who had a dream. In the Dumping Ground we look at exercise after weight loss surgery. A new study says just 15 minutes a day can add 3 years to your life. In the Altered Reality segment we chew the fat on fats, good fats, bad fats and even evil trans fats. And we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with a review of a great protein ice cream from Arctic Zero.
- The Drop Zone segment features Amanda Mathews aka mandajo on the forums.
- A new study shows that 15 minutes of daily exercise can add 3 years to your life.
- When starting an exercise routine start out slow.
- When going to the gym don’t try to compete with others.
- Don’t start you exercise routine until your doctor has cleared you for it.
- Early out from weight loos surgery you energy level may be low, this is normal.
- Tim to discuss fats after weight loss surgery.
- We share an article by Dr. Jacqueline Jacques regarding fats in your diet after weight loss surgery.
- Fats provide energy and contribute to the health of your brain and joints.
- We explain saturated, monounsaturated, polyunsaturated and hydrogenated fats.
- Then there is the evil trasfat.
- We do a review of a product suggested to us my Ian aka Baka.
- Ian suggested we give Arctic Zero a try.
- Arctic Zero in a very tasty protein ice cream
In this week’s episode of BariatricTV we have a Drop Zone Freak who’s living life the way we’re meant to. In the Dumping Ground we answer a forum question about traveling post weight loss surgery. In the Altered Reality section we take a look at justifying your food choices by taking a trip to the Holy Church of the Justification. And we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with a look into our trip to the Southern California Weight Loss Surgery Meet and Greet.
- The Drop Zone segment features Linda or trbsmom on the BTV forums
- We answer a forum post from Cheryl Damon about traveling after weight loss surgery.
- First we look at dealing with vitamins while traveling
- Toni has never been stopped at security for taking vitamins.
- For protein powders place some in a zip lock baggie, roll it up and place it into a blender bottle
- If you need RTD’s just ship them to the hotel you will be staying at
- Do you justify your foods after weight loss surgery?
- We take a look at our visit to the Southern California Weight Loss Surgery Meet Greet.
In this week’s episode of BariatricTV we have a Drop Zone Freak who’s wide awake. We also have a brand new contest for you. We want to see your victory dance, and the best one gets a basket of goods. In Altered Reality we take a look at food addiction. Could eating the same thing everyday help you when it comes to food obsession? And we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with a visit to the barnyard where Cecil the Weight Loss Surgery Drama Llama takes a look at internet experts.
- The Drop Zone segment features Laura Jordan
- We’ve see a trend lately on other videos site that we want to incorporate.
- We want your weight loss surgery victory dance.
- Post your victory dance video as a video comment to this episode on our YouTube Channel.
- We’ll pick our favorite video, and send the person that created it a big bag of bariatric friendly products.
- Do you find that you can obsess about certain foods?
- A recent study shows that monotony, when it comes to food choices, may lessen your food cravings.
- Cecil the Weight Loss Surgery Drama Llama, and her friends, take a look at internet experts.
In this week’s episode of BariatricTV we have a Drop Zone Freak who gave us a break. In the Dumping Ground we take a look at tailbone pain after weight loss surgery. Then, in Altered Reality, we discuss your cheating pouch, yes you have one. And we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with a quick weight loss surgery friendly dessert recipe.
- The Drop Zone segment features Kim May.
- After weight loss surgery are you experiencing tailbone pain?
- As your weight redistributes your tailbone could start to hurt.
- Try sitting on a pillow to stop some of the pain.
- Also try building some muscle mass in your buttocks.
- If you’re at home try a few squats. At the gym, do a stair climber or bike.
- If you’ve had an RnY, chances are you have a cheating pouch.
- Your pouch will tempt you into eating things, and you may have no problems at all with the new foods.
- That same food that gave you no problem will, one day, change it’s mind. It’ll get stuck and give you the foamies. It’s all your cheating pouch.
- Some days your cheating pouch will be bottomless, other days it won’t let you eat more than a couple bites.
- Some days the cheating pouch will tempt you to eat things you shouldn’t.
- Toni whips up a weight loss friendly dessert that’s fun for the whole family to make!
In this week’s episode of BariatricTV we have a Drop Zone Freak who really knows how to follow directions. In the Dumping Ground we give you 9 simple tips on how to cut 500 calories a day after weight loss surgery. Then, in Altered Reality, we look at why some primary care docs might not be suggesting weight loss surgery to their patients. And we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with a review of a new Vitamin D offering from the folks at Celebrate Vitamins.
- The Drop Zone segment features Burnette.
- If you’re afraid of regain we have 9 simple tips to help you cut 500 calories a day after weight loss surgery.
- Eat a handful of nuts, but don’t eat out of the bag.
- Don’t eat while watching the TV.
- Only allow yourself 2 toppings on your salad, and no creamy dressings.
- Serve up your food, then sit down away from the serving trays.
- Skinny up your coffee drinks, Freaks.
- Leave a few bites behind.
- Be careful of the extra calories in your doctored up protein drink.
- Beware of serving size deception.
- Look at mini sized packaging of your food.
- Many primary care docs are not recommending weight loss surgery to their patients.
- Could this be because many of them are only seeing those with issues after surgery?
- Let your doc know that your weight loss surgery was successful and life changing.
- We do a review of Celebrate Vitamins new Quick Melt Vitamin D.
In this week’s episode of BariatricTV we have a Drop Zone Freak who kicked diabetes right out the door! In the Dumping Ground segment we talk about how your local chain restaurant menus will be changing for the better. Then, in Altered Reality, we take a look at things you can do to help impart your new healthy lifestyle onto your kids. Finally, we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with a tasty red white and blue dessert that’s perfect for your 4th of July backyard barbecue!
- The Drop Zone segment features Jolynn from Wisconsin.
- When it comes to ordering at your favorite chain restaurant things just got a little easier.
- By the end of the year chain restaurants with more than 20 locations will have to post calorie counts for all items on their menu.
- A nice side effect of this is that restaurants are re-engineering their menu to get the calorie counts down
- iHOP’s basic bacon and egg breakfast is 1100 calories, but they now also have an option using turkey bacon and egg whites that weighs in at 350 calories.
- Studies show that people will make modest changes to what they order at a restaurant when faced with calorie counts.
- Now that you’ve had surgery and are living a healthier lifestyle it may be time to look at your kids.
- We offer up some reasons why childhood obesity has more than tripled since the 1980′s
- We give you some tips, from Dr. Jeanne Montal who is a pediatrician in our hometown of San Diego, on helping your kids avoid obesity.
- We offer up a colorful 4th of July dessert that we borrowed from Eggface and added a BTV twist to.
- Revival Soy Chips
- BTV Forums
- Join the Obesity Action Coalition
- Bariatric Advantage Orange Cream Meal Replacement
In this week’s episode of BariatricTV we have a Drop Zone Freak who’s gots new knees. In the Dumping Ground segment we take a look at how to break that mother of all stalls. Then, in Altered Reality, we discuss how to stay hydrated while on the airplane during your summer vacation. Finally, we wrap things up in the Freak On segment by revealing the BTV Bling Shirt.
- The Drop Zone segment features Bob Moulton.
- Are you in the mother of all weight loss stalls?
- Everyone stalls after weight loss surgery.
- Don’t stress out! That could really derail your efforts.
- Try changing things up a bit, this could break your stall.
- Are you moving yo ass? Really, are you?
- You have to find the right exercise to work for your circumstances.
- Journaling what you’re eating can help.
- If you’re doing everything you’re supposed to and still stalling, talk to your doctor.
- Flying can lead to dehydration.
- Dehydration can lead to all sorts of problems.
- Drink tons of water the day before you travel, avoid coffee, tea and soda.
- Moisturize your skin the morning of your flight.
- Sip water during your flight.
- Bring a TSA approved bottle of moisturizer to apply during your flight.
- Once you arrive take a long shower or a dip in the pool
- We introduce the BTV Bling Shirt!
- We’ll have BTV Bling Shirts in Las Vegas and in the BTV Store when we return!
In this week’s episode of BariatricTV we have a Drop Zone Freak who’s a trophy wife. In the Dumping Ground segment we announce the winners of our Spring Forum Membership Drive contest. Then, in Altered Reality, we discuss eating fruit after weight loss surgery. Finally, we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with a review of a splendidly swell website from The Sangria Sisters.
- The Drop Zone segment features Sher Pindel.
- We announce the winners of our Spring Forum Membership Drive contest.
- With this contest done it’s time for another one!
- Help us to help the Obesity Action Coalition reach 50,000 members by joining.
- The OAC is working towards 50,000 members as that will help open doors for them (and us) in Washington.
- By joining you will be entered into our contest to win a Keurig Gourmet Coffee System.
- You can also be entered to win by renewing your membership.
- When you sign up to join the OAC use Membership Code BTV2011
- We’ve heard this question a lot – “Can I eat fruit after weight loss surgery?”
- We give you a list of a few fruits to avoid right after surgery.
- Once you’re a little ways out from surgery you should add fruit to your diet.
- Fruit is packed with water and fiber.
- Remember that fruit is high in natural sugars, and although it’s natural you could still dump if you’ve had an RNY.
- We do a review a website from best friends that call themselves The Sangria Sisters