In this weeks episode of BariatricTV, we start things off with a Drop Zone Freak that I bet ya know. And we get to tell ya that she just reached goal!
After that we we slide into Altered Reality where we take a look at numbers. You might be putting a little bit to much emphasis on numbers after weight loss surgery. Then we head into the Dumping Ground where we take a look at the age old question of, to tell or not to tell?, about your weight loss surgery.
In this weeks episode of BariatricTV, we start things off with a Inspirational Sister in Law. Then we talk about avoiding stress eating after weight loss surgery.
After that we introduce you to our newest sponsor who’s bringing you tasty liquid vitamins and supplements. Next Lynnda has a quick tip on getting more water in during your commute. And we round things out in the Soup to Nuts segment with a discussion about dreaded “REGAIN” after weight loss surgery.
- BTV Forums
- 13 Do It Yourself Home Spa Tricks
- 7 Days of Spa at Home
- Wellesse Bariatric Liquid Solutions
In this weeks episode of BariatricTV we start things off with a Drop Zone Freak that’s able bodied. Then we alter your reality by looking at some ways of staying warm after weight loss surgery. Then Toni has a quick tip on keeping the moisture out of your vitamins.
Next we jump into what we are calling ReviewzaPalooza! We take a look at compression garments for women and men. Then we take Toni on a quest for protein with a review of Quest Protein Bars.
- BTV Forums
- Eggface’s article mentioning hand warmers
- Lipo in a Box
- Spanx for Men
- Quest Protein Bars
In this weeks episode of BariatricTV Toni pays off on a bet with a brand new t-shirt. And speaking of t-shirts we have our first winner of a BTV Bling Shirt in the new segment “Who Inspires You.” After that we give you the low down on The Mother of all Meet and Greets that will be taking place again this year in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In the Figure it Out segment we take a look at sagging skin after weight loss surgery. We have a tip that could help you get rid of your worries. And then in the Freak On segment we whip up a recipe that Toni modified a bit to make it weight loss surgery friendly. It will be the perfect sweet sweet, for your sweetheart!
In this weeks episode of BariatricTV we start the year off with some new graphics, new segments and even an updated cooking set. We’ll begin things with our first Drop Zone Freak of 2012 who’s a long time viewer from New Orleans. Then we’ll discuss some of the changes we have coming for 2012 in The Dumping Ground. After that we have a brand new segment called “Figure it Out” where we’ll discuss some of the body issues you may me having after weight loss surgery. This week we’ll discuss the dreaded Double Butt! Next we’ll delve, or as Toni says “We’ll Dwelve” into a new segment call “Quick Tip” in this segment well give you a tip for your post weight loss surgery life in 30 seconds. And finally, we’ll wrap things up with a cooking segment where we’ll show you two recipes you can take to your superbowl party.
This one had to be rerun. It’s got the infamous cottage cheese pancakes. Yes I know the ingredients sound strange but you won’t regret trying this recipe. Not to mention watching Lynnda almost bash herself with a breast. We hope you enjoy it…again.
On this weeks re-run episode, our FOW needed some love, we talked about the post surgery breasteses, and life after weight loss surgery ain’t for wussies! Then we cook up a batch of yummy cottage cheese pancakes!
- This weeks “Freak of the Week” needs some loving – Sephia
- She’s having a hard time…and has 7 kids…Wow oh Wow.
- This ones for the ladies….your breasts after weight loss surgery
- Your breasts are fatty tissue, and you are trying to lose the fat.
- A proper fitting bra can do wonders for your self esteem.
- Do you think all your problems will be solved after weight loss surgery?
- Surgery only works on your stomach, not on your head.
- While losing the weight, you may want to concentrate on what is REALLY causing your problems.
- Lynnda cooks us up some cottage cheese pancakes.
Good Old Episode 6. One of my favorites. Lynnda was brilliant.. She and I both have a hard time watching the earlier episodes because hey…we just weren’t that comfortable in front of the camera and reading from a telemprompter.
This show has the segment on WLS Puberty. How many of us got to experience this wonderful side “benefit” of weight loss surgery?
As always, thanks for watching. – Toni
Show Notes Episode 6
- Advice from your bariatric vitamin girl.
- Ask your doctor about specific vitamin regiments
- Tips for avoiding forgetting your vitamins
- Have you been getting your yearly blood work?
- A resource for medical recommendations on living with bariatric surgery
- WLS Puberty
- A solution for the muffin top
In this weeks episode of BariatricTV we have a Drop Zone Freak who’s gone to the dogs! We take a look at drinking (booze) during the holiday season after you’ve had weight loss surgery. Then Toni shares some things you might not know about your weight that she found in a Readers Digest. And we wrap the show up with a review of a long term freak’s website, that’s all about accountability.
- Our Drop Zone Freak is Toby.
- We get asked alot about drinking alcohol during the holidays.
- If you have issues with cross addictions and feel you NEED a drink, get some help – please.
- If you’re less than a year out from surgery, don’t drink as you’re still healing.
- If you’re going to drink after weight loss surgery be responsible about it.
- Toni found a great article in Readers Digest about a few things you might not know about weight.
- There’s a total of 13 things you might not know that can contribute to your weight, from genetics to viruses (or is that virii?).
- We do a quick review of Ron Havens’ blog.
- Big Train Fit Frappe
- 13 Things You Never Knew About Your Weight Article
- Ron Havens blog site
In this weeks episode of BariatricTV we have a new sponsor for the Drop Zone segment. In the Dumping Ground we ask why you should wait until the new year to start that gym membership. We discuss some tips on how to maintain your weight loss in the Altered Reality segment. Then we wrap things up with a protein bar that tastes just like a PB&J.
- We have a brand new sponsor for the Drop Zone.
- Please welcome Big Train to the BTV family.
- Our DZF for this week is Teddi.
- We are just starting into the horror show that is the end of the year.
- From Halloween candy, to holiday dinners it can be a regain nightmare.
- Many wait till the new year to join the gym, we say why wait?
- We offer up some tips to help you overcome your fear of the gym after weight loss surgery.
- We get asked a lot how to maintain weight loss.
- A study from the National Weight Control Registry came up with 9 tips of how to keep that weight off.
- We review some amazing protein bars that were suggested to us by viewer Jason Faris.
In this weeks episode of BariatricTV, a long time viewer of the show submitted this weeks Doc Who Rocks. In the Dumping Ground we take a look at the changes that may take place in your face after weight loss surgery. In Altered Reality we discuss how NOT going on a diet could be the key to your success. And we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with tasty dessert recipe that can cure your craving for the candy corn.
- This weeks Doc Who Rocks is Nashville’s own Lois Wagstrom
- Before weight loss many of us only looked at our face in the mirror.
- You may notice changes in your face even more.
- After losing weight you may start to notice wrinkles and sagging in your face.
- After weight loss surgery you should avoid dieting
- A diet implies that it is something temporary and that one day you will be off of your diet
- Weight loss surgery requires a change to eating healthy everyday, for the rest of your life.
- Lynnda (and Toni’s hands) whip up a tasty Halloween dessert inspired by candy corns.
In this weeks episode of BariatricTV we have a very special Drop Zone freak. Are you getting frustrated with your weight loss? Maybe you just need to do the math? In Altered Reality we look at how to stop regain around the office. And Danielle pops on to do a review of Building Blocks’ vitamin offerings.
- Our Drop Zone freak is Tammy Edwards.
- Toni received an email from a friend that has had some regain.
- To help lose Toni suggested she try to think of things as if she just had weight loss surgery.
- If you do the math you may find that your losing more now, then you were right after surgery.
- We offer up some tips on how to keep from letting the food around the office cause you to regain.
- Danielle pops in for a review of Building Blocks Multi-Vitamin offerings.
In this weeks episode of BariatricTV we have a Doc Who Rocks, but she is not a doc. We give you some tips on journaling before, during and after weight loss surgery in The Dumping Ground. We take a look at how the cost of being obese can out weigh any financial issues created by weight loss surgery. And we wrap things up with a tasty dessert that the universe put into Toni’s brain!
- Danielle shows up for a quick look at her weight loss so far
- This weeks Doc Who Rocks is a nurse practitioner.
- Have you thought about journaling your weight loss surgery journey?
- Use a word processor to create your journal, then copy and paste it if you’re going to have it online
- For online journaling and blogging have a look at Blogger.com
- Blogger.com is free and you don’t need to be all techie to use it.
- For the more tech savvy have a look at WordPress.com
- Are you starting to feel like the post weight loss surgery lifestyle is a bit expensive?
- A new George Washington University study looks at the cost of being obese.
- You may be surprised to find that it’s just as expensive, if not moreso, to lead an obese lifestyle
- Toni whips up a new weight loss surgery friendly dessert.
In this week’s episode of BariatricTV we have have a Drop Zone Freak that’s the happiest she’s been in 17 years. Then in the Dumping Ground we’ll give you a few tips to ease your fears of dating after weight loss surgery. In Altered Reality we take a look at dealing with overeating during the fast approaching winter months. And we wrap things up in the Freak On segments with a tasty recipe from out pal Eggface, for a bariatric friendly football snack
- This weeks Drop Zone Freak is Kenna Clark
- Are you afraid of dating after weight loss surgery.
- We have a few tips that can help you with dating.
- Fall is here and winter is coming, and in winter we have a tendency to pack on the pounds
- We offer up a few tips on how to control weight gain during the winter months.
- We wrap things up with a recipe from Eggface for Deviled Eggface Footballs
In this week’s episode of BariatricTV we have have a new Drop Zone Freak that used to be the invisible woman. Gwen Hudson says since having weight loss surgery, she’s no longer invisible and people actually seek her out to converse. In the Dumping Ground we try to give you a few tips on dealing with the dreaded stall. It happens, even to non surgically altered freaks. In Altered Reality we talk about what it is like to be MUCH further out from surgery. You may have all the same effects like dumping and foamies, but maintaining the loss is much harder. And we finish this week off with a great new HOT protein drink called Fit Frappe. No clumps in this hot drink – just foamy HOT goodness.
- Our drop zone freak is…Gwen Hudson.
- Even if you are doing everything right, stalls happen. Time to shake things up a little bit.
- Are you really exercising and is that exercise causing you to eat more?.
- For every one pound of muscle you build, you burn an extra 30-50 calories a day. Try strength training.
- The further out you get, the harder it is. So learn good habits during those first years after surgery.
- If you keep doing what you’ve always done, you will gain it back.
- Are you tired of hot lumpy protein?
- We found a protein drink you can make HOT!
- A HOT protein drink that tastes delicious.
- Easy to make with just water, the powder and our trusty Aero Latte.
- Sample Packs and full sized jugs of each Fit Frappe flavor can be ordered via their Facebook Shop
In this week’s episode of BariatricTV we have have a new Doc Who Rocks! It’s Dr. Sina Matin from Baylor Healthcare System in Grapevine Texas. Dr. Matin was submitted by Michelle who had plenty of great things to say about the good doc. In the Dumping Ground we take a look at managing expectations after weight loss surgery. In Altered Reality we look at the phenomenon of people disappearing from the community after losing weight. And we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with a review of some tasty oils and balsamic vinegars from a local source.
- The Docs Who Rock Segment features Dr. Sina Matin.
- When it comes to success after weight loss surgery part of it is managing your expectations.
- Keep in mind that everyone is different and will lose weight at different rates.
- Have a goal of losing a couple pounds a week, just like other weight loss programs.
- Understand that your skin most likely won’t snap back. You may be left with some saggy skin, prepare for that.
- Always expect the unexpected after weight loss surgery
- You can’t compare yourself to others, we are all different.
- After losing the weight many people lose touch with their support network.
- For some that’s fine, but for many, losing that support could lead to regain.
- If you haven’t been around in a while hop back into the forums and let us know what you’re up to.
- If you have gained some weight back don’t be afraid to reengage with your support network, it’s there to help you.
- We do a quick review of Coronado Taste of Oils.
- Coronado Taste of Oils is a local San Diego store that sells speciality flavored oils, balsamic vinegars, pastas and other good stuff.
In this week’s episode of BariatricTV we have a Drop Zone Freak who’s gotten back on track for herself, and those around her. In the Dumping Ground we go on the hunt for some long lost weight loss surgery freaks that we haven’t seen in a while. In Altered Reality we introduce you to a new BTV corespondent who discusses the spousal side of weight loss surgery. And we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with a discussion about Iron offerings from Building Blocks Vitamins.
- The Drop Zone segment this week features Nicole Bonck.
- We call out some weight loss surgery freaks that we haven’t seen in a while.
- rjsdad, Fab50Kate, Adorablelady72, sephia, MoMik where have you gone?
- BTV corespondent Michael Rooney takes a look at what it’s like to be the spouse of a weight loss surgery patient.
- We take a look at iron offerings from Building Blocks Vitamins.
In this week’s episode of BariatricTV we have a Drop Zone Freak with feelings. In the Dumping Ground we introduce you to a new show segment highlighting Docs who Rock! In the Altered Reality segment we take a look at why you might want to research what emergency room you go to after weight loss surgery. And we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with a review of a brand new Vitamin D offering from the good folks at Bariatric Advantage.
- The Drop Zone segment this week features Marcy Coyne aka grammamarcy on youtube
- If you have a Doc who Rocks you will want to enter him or her in our new segment
- A Doc who Rocks is not always a bariatric surgeon
- Our first Doc Who Rocks is Dr. Yoni Freedhoff, MD
- This segment is sponsored by Bariatriceating.com
- Do you have the 411 on your 911?
- Check out your local ER to see if they have a bariatric program at the hospital
- YOU are now a high maintenance Lexus
- A sunshiney new offering from Bariatric Advantage
- A yummy Vitamin D that packs 10,000 IU in every dose
In this week’s episode of BariatricTV we have a Drop Zone Freak who had a dream. In the Dumping Ground we look at exercise after weight loss surgery. A new study says just 15 minutes a day can add 3 years to your life. In the Altered Reality segment we chew the fat on fats, good fats, bad fats and even evil trans fats. And we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with a review of a great protein ice cream from Arctic Zero.
- The Drop Zone segment features Amanda Mathews aka mandajo on the forums.
- A new study shows that 15 minutes of daily exercise can add 3 years to your life.
- When starting an exercise routine start out slow.
- When going to the gym don’t try to compete with others.
- Don’t start you exercise routine until your doctor has cleared you for it.
- Early out from weight loos surgery you energy level may be low, this is normal.
- Tim to discuss fats after weight loss surgery.
- We share an article by Dr. Jacqueline Jacques regarding fats in your diet after weight loss surgery.
- Fats provide energy and contribute to the health of your brain and joints.
- We explain saturated, monounsaturated, polyunsaturated and hydrogenated fats.
- Then there is the evil trasfat.
- We do a review of a product suggested to us my Ian aka Baka.
- Ian suggested we give Arctic Zero a try.
- Arctic Zero in a very tasty protein ice cream
In this week’s episode of BariatricTV we have a Drop Zone Freak who’s wide awake. We also have a brand new contest for you. We want to see your victory dance, and the best one gets a basket of goods. In Altered Reality we take a look at food addiction. Could eating the same thing everyday help you when it comes to food obsession? And we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with a visit to the barnyard where Cecil the Weight Loss Surgery Drama Llama takes a look at internet experts.
- The Drop Zone segment features Laura Jordan
- We’ve see a trend lately on other videos site that we want to incorporate.
- We want your weight loss surgery victory dance.
- Post your victory dance video as a video comment to this episode on our YouTube Channel.
- We’ll pick our favorite video, and send the person that created it a big bag of bariatric friendly products.
- Do you find that you can obsess about certain foods?
- A recent study shows that monotony, when it comes to food choices, may lessen your food cravings.
- Cecil the Weight Loss Surgery Drama Llama, and her friends, take a look at internet experts.
In this week’s episode of BariatricTV we have a Drop Zone Freak who has a new birthday. In the Dumping Ground we take a look at an email we received that discusses accountability. Then, in Altered Reality, we discuss the “Why Now” syndrome, if you’re a bit further out from surgery you’ve probably experienced it. And we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with a review of a website from a self proclaimed Bariatric Guru.
- The Drop Zone segment features Susi Unupi.
- We received an email asking us if being in front of the camera helped us with accountability.
- We admit that it does help, but we’re not always perfect.
- Toni talks about gaining some weight after weight loss surgery.
- Toni has also decided to start a blog to help her stay on track.
- Toni’s blog can be found at www.NotaHotMess.com
- If your a ways out from weight loss surgery you have probably experienced the “Why Now” syndrome.
- Before surgery you may have felt invisible as folks walked by and didn’t even notice you.
- After you have lost weight you might find that people are paying more attention to you.
- Have you changed, or has their perception of you changed after weight loss surgery?
- We do a quick review of The Bariatric Guru