In this weeks episode of BariatricTV we kick things off in The Dumping Ground with an update on whats up with BTV. Then in Altered Reality we discuss the ofter heard saying “100 pounds gone forever!!!” The we have some quick tips on how to deal with the holiday buffets. And we wrap things up with a recipe for a tasty holiday trifle.
In this weeks episode of BariatricTV we have a Drop Zone Freak who can keep on walking. Then in the Dumping Ground we take a look at hoe to recognize if you are having vitamin deficiencies.
We then follow things up with an Altered Reality segment on dealing with mental challenges after weight loss surgery, and a Quick Tip on snacking. Then we wrap things up with a quick and easy recipe for a single oatmeal cookie.
In this weeks episode of BariatricTV, we start things off with an inspirational freak that many of you know. And for those of you that don’t know her you’re bound to love her. After that we slide on into Altered Reality with some tips on how you can help a friend who may be in trouble after weight loss surgery.
Next it’s a brand new Move Yo Ass segment with some non work out workout tips to help you with your work out. Just watch it, it’ll all make sense. Then we get some breaking news from BTV News anchor Bram Lightningdale. It appears that long time friend of BTV Ms. Sarah Halbrook has been shot!!
In this weeks episode of BariatricTV Toni pays off on a bet with a brand new t-shirt. And speaking of t-shirts we have our first winner of a BTV Bling Shirt in the new segment “Who Inspires You.” After that we give you the low down on The Mother of all Meet and Greets that will be taking place again this year in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In the Figure it Out segment we take a look at sagging skin after weight loss surgery. We have a tip that could help you get rid of your worries. And then in the Freak On segment we whip up a recipe that Toni modified a bit to make it weight loss surgery friendly. It will be the perfect sweet sweet, for your sweetheart!
In this weeks episode of BariatricTV we start the year off with some new graphics, new segments and even an updated cooking set. We’ll begin things with our first Drop Zone Freak of 2012 who’s a long time viewer from New Orleans. Then we’ll discuss some of the changes we have coming for 2012 in The Dumping Ground. After that we have a brand new segment called “Figure it Out” where we’ll discuss some of the body issues you may me having after weight loss surgery. This week we’ll discuss the dreaded Double Butt! Next we’ll delve, or as Toni says “We’ll Dwelve” into a new segment call “Quick Tip” in this segment well give you a tip for your post weight loss surgery life in 30 seconds. And finally, we’ll wrap things up with a cooking segment where we’ll show you two recipes you can take to your superbowl party.
For you newbies looking for easy meal fixin’s, this is a great episode. AND it was fun to shoot.
In Episode 18, we end our highlighting of the different bariatric surgeries by taking a look at the RNY. Then we’ll introduce you to a great site to help you track your daily food and exercise and finish things up with a some meatballs!
- We start things off with an exciting announcement
- Lets look at our final surgery, the RNY.
- Pros and Cons of the RNY.
- Both Lynnda and Toni had this surgery and are satisfied
- We look at a website our forum members recommended for tracking exercise and food.
- We offer up some WLS pouch friendly recipes with one thing in common…the meatball
This one had to be rerun. It’s got the infamous cottage cheese pancakes. Yes I know the ingredients sound strange but you won’t regret trying this recipe. Not to mention watching Lynnda almost bash herself with a breast. We hope you enjoy it…again.
On this weeks re-run episode, our FOW needed some love, we talked about the post surgery breasteses, and life after weight loss surgery ain’t for wussies! Then we cook up a batch of yummy cottage cheese pancakes!
- This weeks “Freak of the Week” needs some loving – Sephia
- She’s having a hard time…and has 7 kids…Wow oh Wow.
- This ones for the ladies….your breasts after weight loss surgery
- Your breasts are fatty tissue, and you are trying to lose the fat.
- A proper fitting bra can do wonders for your self esteem.
- Do you think all your problems will be solved after weight loss surgery?
- Surgery only works on your stomach, not on your head.
- While losing the weight, you may want to concentrate on what is REALLY causing your problems.
- Lynnda cooks us up some cottage cheese pancakes.
In this weeks episode of BariatricTV we have a a Doc That Rocks – who’s a cardiologist? In the Dumping Ground we have a special BTV announcement. We discuss some tips on how to deal with the upcoming holiday season. Then we wrap things up with a 2011 WLS Award Winner – a recipe from Waning Woman.
- Our Doc Who Rocks this week is Dr. Peter McCullough, submitted by Aunt B.
- And our BTV announcement is…we are taking a little break to bring you a new and improved show and website
- You can help us out and win some BTV bucks
- Need help getting through the holidays?
- Gift yourself with exercise.
- Utilize portion control
- Experiment with low sugar low carb recipes
- And a recipe from Waning Woman that won a 2011 WLS Award from Diva Taunia
In this weeks episode of BariatricTV, a long time viewer of the show submitted this weeks Doc Who Rocks. In the Dumping Ground we take a look at the changes that may take place in your face after weight loss surgery. In Altered Reality we discuss how NOT going on a diet could be the key to your success. And we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with tasty dessert recipe that can cure your craving for the candy corn.
- This weeks Doc Who Rocks is Nashville’s own Lois Wagstrom
- Before weight loss many of us only looked at our face in the mirror.
- You may notice changes in your face even more.
- After losing weight you may start to notice wrinkles and sagging in your face.
- After weight loss surgery you should avoid dieting
- A diet implies that it is something temporary and that one day you will be off of your diet
- Weight loss surgery requires a change to eating healthy everyday, for the rest of your life.
- Lynnda (and Toni’s hands) whip up a tasty Halloween dessert inspired by candy corns.
In this weeks episode of BariatricTV we have a Doc Who Rocks, but she is not a doc. We give you some tips on journaling before, during and after weight loss surgery in The Dumping Ground. We take a look at how the cost of being obese can out weigh any financial issues created by weight loss surgery. And we wrap things up with a tasty dessert that the universe put into Toni’s brain!
- Danielle shows up for a quick look at her weight loss so far
- This weeks Doc Who Rocks is a nurse practitioner.
- Have you thought about journaling your weight loss surgery journey?
- Use a word processor to create your journal, then copy and paste it if you’re going to have it online
- For online journaling and blogging have a look at Blogger.com
- Blogger.com is free and you don’t need to be all techie to use it.
- For the more tech savvy have a look at WordPress.com
- Are you starting to feel like the post weight loss surgery lifestyle is a bit expensive?
- A new George Washington University study looks at the cost of being obese.
- You may be surprised to find that it’s just as expensive, if not moreso, to lead an obese lifestyle
- Toni whips up a new weight loss surgery friendly dessert.
In this week’s episode of BariatricTV we have have a Drop Zone Freak that’s the happiest she’s been in 17 years. Then in the Dumping Ground we’ll give you a few tips to ease your fears of dating after weight loss surgery. In Altered Reality we take a look at dealing with overeating during the fast approaching winter months. And we wrap things up in the Freak On segments with a tasty recipe from out pal Eggface, for a bariatric friendly football snack
- This weeks Drop Zone Freak is Kenna Clark
- Are you afraid of dating after weight loss surgery.
- We have a few tips that can help you with dating.
- Fall is here and winter is coming, and in winter we have a tendency to pack on the pounds
- We offer up a few tips on how to control weight gain during the winter months.
- We wrap things up with a recipe from Eggface for Deviled Eggface Footballs
In this week’s episode of BariatricTV we have a Drop Zone Freak who gave us a break. In the Dumping Ground we take a look at tailbone pain after weight loss surgery. Then, in Altered Reality, we discuss your cheating pouch, yes you have one. And we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with a quick weight loss surgery friendly dessert recipe.
- The Drop Zone segment features Kim May.
- After weight loss surgery are you experiencing tailbone pain?
- As your weight redistributes your tailbone could start to hurt.
- Try sitting on a pillow to stop some of the pain.
- Also try building some muscle mass in your buttocks.
- If you’re at home try a few squats. At the gym, do a stair climber or bike.
- If you’ve had an RnY, chances are you have a cheating pouch.
- Your pouch will tempt you into eating things, and you may have no problems at all with the new foods.
- That same food that gave you no problem will, one day, change it’s mind. It’ll get stuck and give you the foamies. It’s all your cheating pouch.
- Some days your cheating pouch will be bottomless, other days it won’t let you eat more than a couple bites.
- Some days the cheating pouch will tempt you to eat things you shouldn’t.
- Toni whips up a weight loss friendly dessert that’s fun for the whole family to make!
In this week’s episode of BariatricTV we have a Drop Zone Freak who kicked diabetes right out the door! In the Dumping Ground segment we talk about how your local chain restaurant menus will be changing for the better. Then, in Altered Reality, we take a look at things you can do to help impart your new healthy lifestyle onto your kids. Finally, we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with a tasty red white and blue dessert that’s perfect for your 4th of July backyard barbecue!
- The Drop Zone segment features Jolynn from Wisconsin.
- When it comes to ordering at your favorite chain restaurant things just got a little easier.
- By the end of the year chain restaurants with more than 20 locations will have to post calorie counts for all items on their menu.
- A nice side effect of this is that restaurants are re-engineering their menu to get the calorie counts down
- iHOP’s basic bacon and egg breakfast is 1100 calories, but they now also have an option using turkey bacon and egg whites that weighs in at 350 calories.
- Studies show that people will make modest changes to what they order at a restaurant when faced with calorie counts.
- Now that you’ve had surgery and are living a healthier lifestyle it may be time to look at your kids.
- We offer up some reasons why childhood obesity has more than tripled since the 1980′s
- We give you some tips, from Dr. Jeanne Montal who is a pediatrician in our hometown of San Diego, on helping your kids avoid obesity.
- We offer up a colorful 4th of July dessert that we borrowed from Eggface and added a BTV twist to.
- Revival Soy Chips
- BTV Forums
- Join the Obesity Action Coalition
- Bariatric Advantage Orange Cream Meal Replacement
In this week’s episode of BariatricTV we have a Drop Zone Freak who shares a birthday with BTV. In the Dumping Ground segment we report back on our visit to DC where we discussed weight loss surgery issues with the nation’s legislators. Then, in Altered Reality, we take a look at problems that can come from a deficiency of Vitamin A. Finally, we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with a tasty protein Dreamsicle.
- The Drop Zone segment features Liz Shellhammer.
- After we finished our coverage of ASMBS we went to Washington DC.
- We were invited to DC by the Obesity Action Coalition for their “Day on the Hill”
- The number one task was to get legislators to add obesity treatment as part of the Essential Benefits Package of healthcare reform.
- You can help by contacting your legislator on this issue and the OAC has made it simple for you by CLICKING HERE
- You can also help by joining the OAC. Don’t forget to use membership code BTV2011
- A Vitamin A deficiency can cause issues with vision after weight loss surgery.
- We discuss some of the symptoms of Vitamin A deficiency.
- It is possible to take too much vitamin A
- Bariatric Advantage has released a new Orange Cream meal replacement, and it makes a killer Dreamsicle!
- Revival Soy Chips
- BTV Forums
- Join the Obesity Action Coalition
- Bariatric Advantage Orange Cream Meal Replacement
In this week’s episode of BariatricTV we have a Drop Zone Freak who is always poised. In the Dumping Ground segment we discuss dealing with contradictions between what your doctor is telling you, and what you’re hearing from other post ops. Then, in Altered Reality, we take a look at how justifying things you eat can lead to a lot of extra pounds. Finally, we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with a tasty bariatric friendly dessert recipe.
- The Drop Zone segment features Beth Baker or as she’s known on the forums, Trimoon.
- What do you do when the information you are getting from your doctor contradicts what other freaks are saying?
- First and foremost you should do what your doctor is telling you.
- Questioning your doctor after weight loss surgery is not out of the question, though
- If you have concerns gather all the information you can and then present it to your doctor.
- You’re responsible for your health so don’t be afraid to question your doctor.
- Are you justifying what you’re eating after weight loss surgery?
- By doing this you can justify yourself into a lot of extra calories.
- Toni whips up a tasty bariatric friendly dessert!
In this week’s episode of BariatricTV we feature a Drop Zone Freak with a Beast! In the Dumping Ground we take a look at the magical Edamame. Then, in Altered Reality, we talk about how your body is hard wired to seek out yummy food while stressed out. Finally, we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with a tasty recipe for Edamame.
- The Drop Zone segment features Dee.
- Lynnda’s got some Edamame, you know, soy beans.
- Edamame has a rich nutty flavor.
- In East Asia Edamame has been used for over 2,000 years as the major source of protein
- Edamame contains all 8 essential amino acids to make it a complete protein.
- Edamame contains both soluble and insoluble fiber.
- You can use Edamame in all types of dishes.
- Why do you crave yummy food when stressed out?
- Your body is actually hard wired to crave rich foods when stressed.
- When stressed your body will signal you to seek out high energy foods rich in fats and sugar.
- Find other ways to get rid of stress, exercise, yoga, meditation and even sex.
- Toni cooks up a tasty Edamame recipe
In this week’s episode of BariatricTV we feature a Drop Zone Freak that’s hit the trifecta of post surgery satisfaction. In the Dumping Ground we announce our winners of the BariatricTV Commercial Contest, and then we announce a new contest. Then, in Altered Reality, we take a look at a fun new way to Move Yo Ass with the Xbox Kinect and Dance Central. Finally, we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with a tasty recipe for Spinach Cakes.
- The Drop Zone segment features Noelle.
- We announce our winners of the BTV Commercial Contest
- The winners are YouTuber’s MyBandedLife and njoylifewhylugotit
- We announce another contest for our Facebook friends
- If you’re looking for a fun way to Move Yo Ass might we suggest an Xbox with Kinect and a copy of Dance Central
- The Kinect allows you to use your body as the controller
- Dance Central teaches you each dance move one at a time
- Then you string the moves together for a full dance routine
- Your performance is scored and and you can unlock more songs to dance to
- There is even a multi player dance off feature to Dance Central
- Toni and Danielle have a dance off
- Toni mixes up some tasty Spinach Cakes
- Become our Facebook friend to win stuff!
- Revival Soy Chips
- DaVinci Gourmet
- Bariatric Eating
- Dance Central for Xbox
In this week’s episode of BariatricTV we feature a Drop Zone Freak with splattering paint filled balls. In the Dumping Ground we look at how prepping for the gym may go a long way to getting you there. Then in Altered Reality we discuss how your eating habits may be affecting your pets. And we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with a killer recipe for Pork Verde.
- The Drop Zone segment features Rob Portinga.
- Are you finding you need motivation to get to the gym after weight loss surgery?
- Maybe part of getting to the gym could be preparing for the gym
- Toni shares how she packs for the gym on Sunday night so she always has her stuff ready
- Toni also makes sure she schedules her gym time on her calender
- Are your pets gaining weight as a result of your weight loss surgery?
- Obese pets can suffer from the same debilitating problems that obese people suffer from.
- We found some resources to see if your pet is obese.
- Toni cooks up some Pork Verde. It’s a quick and easy post weight loss surgery recipe.
In this week’s episode of BariatricTV we feature our first Best Drop Zone Freak. In the Dumping Ground we talk about dealing with bounce back weight gain. Then in Altered Reality we dispel some myths regarding the Duodenal Switch. And we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with a killer recipe for weight loss surgery friendly deep dish pizza.
- The Drop Zone segment features Dennis Best.
- What is bounce back after bariatric surgery?
- Most people who have had weight loss surgery get down to their lowest weight then gain back a bit.
- 5, 10 or even 15 pounds may be normal, but it you continue to gain you need to look at your habits.
- Thanks to MariaC we’ve had an influx of Duodenal Switch patients in our forums.
- We’ve learned a bit from them about the myths around this bariatric surgery.
- When doing your research on weight loss surgery don’t forget to have a look at the Duodenal Switch.
- The DS is the most malabsorbtive of the big 4 surgery types so you need to commit to the lifestyle change
- If you’re interested in this surgery find someone with a DS to talk to.
- We whip up a weight loss surgery friendly deep dish pizza!
In this weeks episode of BariatricTV we feature a baby post op freak. Then in the Dumping Ground we look at some wonderful gifts sent to us by our viewers. In Altered Reality we discuss mindless eating. And we wrap things up in the Freak On segment with viewer generated snack ideas for Super Bowl Sunday.
- The Drop Zone segment features Heather Lundquist
- We got gifts from our viewers!
- The first gift is a bariatric voodoo doll
- The doll was made by Terre Holada
- The next gift was made by Tammy Edwards, or Tammy on the forums
- Tammy stitched up some swell aprons for Lynnda and Toni
- Are you mindlessly eating after your bariatric surgery?
- When you are eating after weight loss surgery you should concentrate just on eating
- Pick certain location like the dining room table, or a restaurant where you will eat
- Don’t pick places like your car or your desk at work to eat.
- Instead of eating to stuff down feelings allow yourself to feel those emotions.
- We have some viewer generated post weight loss surgery Super Bowl snacks.
- For starters we suggest a few things for dipping.
- From Kristopia we have Crock Pot Turkey Meatballs
- From Kierie we have Hot Knockers
- From T2Nashville we have two dishes. The first is Chicken Ball
- The second snack from T2 Nashville is Southern Baked Bowlhockeybasebasket Dip.